CHRISTMAS WREATHS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: CANADAKATE
Categories: Christmas Cookies
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 18 cookies
|½ cup butter|
|30 large marshmallows|
|1 ½ teaspoons green food coloring|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|4 cups cornflakes cereal|
|2 tablespoons cinnamon red hot candies|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows, and cook stirring constantly, until melted. Remove from the heat, stir in food coloring and vanilla, then stir in cornflakes.
- Set out one or two sheets of waxed paper. Fill a skillet with 1 inch of very hot water. Place the saucepan into the skillet so cookie dough stays warm.
- Quickly drop a heaping tablespoonful of cookie dough onto the waxed paper, and use lightly greased fingers to form it into a wreath shape. Immediately decorate cookie with red hot candies. Repeat to shape and decorate remaining cookies.
- Allow cookies to cool to room temperature before removing from waxed paper, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Calories 112.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16.7 g, CholesterolContent 13.6 mg, FatContent 5.2 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 0.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.3 g, SodiumContent 91.5 mg, SugarContent 8.5 g
CHRISTMAS WREATH CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Karen D
Total time: 3 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 tube cake
|1 ½ cups raisins|
|1 cup red and green candied cherries|
|¾ cup dates, pitted and chopped|
|¾ cup candied pineapple, diced|
|¾ cup chopped walnuts|
|½ cup flaked coconut|
|3 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup butter|
|1 ¼ cups white sugar|
|1 teaspoon lemon zest|
|2 teaspoons lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a tube pan with 2 layers of brown paper or parchment, and grease well.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in raisins, dates, cherries, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut. Stir until all fruit is coated.
- In another large bowl, cream the butter with the white sugar. Add lemon rind, lemon juice, and eggs; mix well. Stir in fruit mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a tester comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
Calories 413 calories, CarbohydrateContent 62 g, CholesterolContent 77 mg, FatContent 17.3 g, FiberContent 2.3 g, ProteinContent 5.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.7 g, SodiumContent 221.4 mg, SugarContent 38.1 g
RAINBOW CHRISTMAS WREATH RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Arlene Cummings
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ white cake mix|
|Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box|
|Red and green food color|
|1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting|
|Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors® red, green and white candy sprinkles|
- Heat oven to 325°F. Generously grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with shortening or cooking spray. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour half of the batter into medium bowl; set aside. Divide the other half of batter equally between 2 small bowls. (You will be left with 3 bowls of batter.) Add red food color to 1 of the small bowls and mix well. Add green food color to the second small bowl and mix well.
- Pour half of the white batter from medium bowl into cake pan. Carefully pour red batter over white batter in pan. Carefully pour green batter over red batter. Then pour remaining white batter from medium bowl over the top. Do not mix the colors.
- Bake as directed on box until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Turn pan upside down onto cooling rack placed over a cookie sheet; remove pan. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Place cake on serving plate.
- Divide frosting between 2 small microwavable bowls. Microwave 1 bowl on High about 5 to 10 seconds; mix well with spoon until smooth enough to drizzle. With the spoon, drizzle white frosting back and forth around the whole cake in a striping pattern until you use all of the frosting (allow some frosting to drip down onto plate in middle of cake, if desired).
- Microwave second bowl of frosting; stir in a few drops of green food color. Drizzle over cake, scattering back and forth in the same type of striping pattern. Decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until frosting is set before serving.
Calories 370 , CarbohydrateContent 53 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, FatContent 3 1/2 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 310 mg, SugarContent 35 g, TransFatContent 0 g