SEAFOOD GRATIN RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
|1 cup seafood stock or clam juice|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons good white wine, such as Chablis, divided|
|3 tablespoons tomato puree|
|1/2 teaspoon saffron threads|
|8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and cut in half crosswise|
|8 ounces raw halibut, cut into1-inch chunks|
|8 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided|
|1 tablespoon all-purpose flour|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|3 cups julienned leeks, white and light green parts (2 large)|
|1 1/2 cups julienned carrots (3 carrots)|
|1 cup panko (Japanese dried bread crumbs)|
|1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place 4 individual gratin dishes on sheet pans. (If recipe is doubled serve it in a 14 by 9 1/4-inch oval gratin dish.)
- Combine the stock, cream, 1/2 cup of the wine, the tomato puree, and saffron in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and add the shrimp. After 3 minutes, use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp to a bowl. Add the halibut to the stock for 3 minutes, until just cooked through, and remove to the same bowl. Add the cooked lobster to the bowl.
- Continue to cook the sauce until reduced by half, about 12 minutes. Mash 1 tablespoon of the butter together with the flour. Whisk the butter mixture into the sauce along with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saute pan. Add the leeks and carrots and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of wine, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender. Set aside.
- Combine the panko, Parmesan, parsley, tarragon, and garlic. Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and mix it into the crumbs until they’re moistened.
- Divide the seafood among the 4 gratin dishes. Strew the vegetables on top of each dish. Pour the sauce equally over the seafood and vegetables and spoon the crumbs evenly on top. Bake for 20 minutes, until the top is browned and the sauce is bubbly. Serve hot.
CAULIFLOWER GRATIN RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Ina Garten Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|1 (3-pound) head cauliflower, cut into large florets|
|4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, divided|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2 cups hot milk|
|1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg|
|3/4 cup freshly grated Gruyere, divided|
|1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan|
|1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened. Off the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of the Gruyere, and the Parmesan.
- Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of an 8 by 11 by 2-inch baking dish. Place the drained cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/4 cup of Gruyere and sprinkle on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the gratin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
TRADITIONAL ENGLISH CHEDDAR CAULIFLOWER CHEESE – GRATIN RECIPE …
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|1 large cauliflower|
|300 ml milk|
|220 g Mature cheddar cheese, finely grated|
|3 tablespoons plain flour|
|50 g butter|
|25 g fresh breadcrumbs (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon dried English mustard (Colman’s)|
|salt and black pepper|
- *If oven baking, pre-heat oven to 225C or 450°F.
- Trim the cauliflower & break into small florets.
- Boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain in a colander and then place in a buttered ovenproof baking dish.
- Add the milk, flour and butter to a saucepan.
- Heat and whisking with a wire whisk continuously until the sauce thickens, boils and is smooth.
- Allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add three-quarters of the grated cheese, mustard, a pinch of nutmeg and seasoning.
- Cook for further minute stirring well.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower.
- Mix the remaining cheese, and breadcrumbs, if using, together, sprinkle over the top.
- Place under a hot grill until golden brown, OR, bake in a pre-heated oven 225C/450F for about 15 to 25 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve immediately.
Calories 210.2, FatContent 13.5, SaturatedFatContent 8.2, CholesterolContent 37, SodiumContent 187.7, CarbohydrateContent 18.2, FiberContent 4.4, SugarContent 4, ProteinContent 7.2
CHICKEN GRATIN – CHICKEN RECIPES
Provided by: GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|75 g (3oz) butter|
|1 onion, finely sliced|
|500g pack chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size pieces|
|150 g (5oz) frozen peas|
|50 g (2oz) plain flour|
|500 mL (17 fl 0z) milk|
|3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked|
|1 tbsp. wholegrain mustard|
|2 medium floury potatoes|
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan) mark 4. Melt 25g (1oz) of the butter in a large pan and gently fry the onion and chicken for 10min until onion is softened. Stir in the peas, and then empty mixture into a sieve set over a bowl to drain excess moisture.
- Set aside 1tsp of the remaining butter, and then add the rest to the empty pan and melt over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30sec. Take pan off heat and gradually mix in the milk until smooth. Return pan to heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and smooth – about 5min.
- Add the thyme leaves, mustard and plenty of seasoning. Pour into a large ovenproof serving dish and stir in the drained chicken mixture.
Calories 555 calories