CHINESE STYLE FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8 serving(s)
|6 chicken breasts (cut into inch pieces)|
|6 egg whites|
|1 1/2 cups soy sauce|
|2 cups flour|
|2 cups cornstarch|
|2 cups vegetable oil or 2 cups canola oil|
- Cut chicken into inch pieces.
- Whisk together egg whites and soy sauce.
- Soak chicken in soy mixture for 20 minutes covered in the fridge.
- Add 2 cups oil to wok or deep fryer.
- Heat wok to 350°F.
- Put cornstarch and flour into a reseal able plastic freezer bag.
- Add chicken to bag a little at a time, shake until evenly coated. Add more of the 50/50 flour mixture as needed to finish the job.
- Add chicken to wok.
- Fry 15 seconds only. No browning yet!
- Remove chicken and place aside on a cookie sheet or bowl lined with paper towels.
- After all of the chicken has cooked for 15 seconds let cool for a few minutes.
- Fry it an additional 15-20 seconds or until golden.
- Always check meat. If it is pink it needs to be cooked longer.
- Top with your favorite lemon or orange sauce.
Calories 949.8, FatContent 65, SaturatedFatContent 10, CholesterolContent 69.6, SodiumContent 3129.5, CarbohydrateContent 56.2, FiberContent 1.6, SugarContent 1.2, ProteinContent 34.4