VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Member recipe by Helen Rothwell
Categories: Afternoon tea, Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Treat
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|3 large black bananas|
|75ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin|
|100g brown sugar|
|225g plain flour (or use self-raising flour and reduce the baking powder to 2 heaped tsp)|
|3 heaped tsp baking powder|
|3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice|
|50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mash 3 large black peeled bananas with a fork, then mix well with 75g vegetable or sunflower oil and 100g brown sugar.
- Add 225g plain flour, 3 heaped tsp baking powder and 3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice, and combine well. Add 50g dried fruit or nuts, if using.
- Bake in an oiled, lined 2lb loaf tin for 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before slicing. It’s delicious freshly baked, but develops a lovely gooey quality the day after.
Calories 218 calories, FatContent 8 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 33 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 15 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 3 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.5 milligram of sodium
VEGAN BANANA BREAD RECIPE – BBC FOOD
Each serving provides 242kcal, 4g protein, 46g carbohydrate (of which 22g sugars), 15g fat (of which 2g saturates), 2g fibre and 0.4g salt.
Provided by: Justine Pattison
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: Serves 10
|3–4 very ripe bananas (about 325g/11½oz peeled weight), mashed using a fork|
|100g/3½oz soft light brown sugar|
|300g/10½oz self-raising flour|
|50g/1¾oz shelled pecan nuts, chopped (optional)|
|1 tsp ground mixed spice|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|150ml/5fl oz sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing|
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Grease and line the base and sides of a 900g/2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Put the mashed bananas in a large bowl and add the sugar, flour, sultanas, pecan nuts (if using), mixed spice and baking powder.
- Mix lightly with a wooden spoon until roughly combined, then add the oil and beat together well.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 55–60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out a little moist, but clean.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool for around an hour before serving.
Calories 242kcal, CarbohydrateContent 46g, FatContent 15g, FiberContent 2g, ProteinContent 4g, SaturatedFatContent 2g, SugarContent 22g