TUNA SANDWICH OR SALAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|1 can tuna in water|
|1/2 stalk celery|
|1 1/2 pickles (garlic and dill is best)|
|1 teaspoon pickle juice|
|2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 -3 tablespoons best foods mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup onion (a little less)|
|1 pinch pepper|
- Drain and put tunafish and pepper in small bowl.
- Chop onion, celery, and pickle into very small pieces& add to bowl.
- Add enough mayo to cover ingredients when mixed.
- Just add a little pickle juice to moisten.
- Spread on bread with tomato and sprouts, or enjoy on a bed of lettuce with lemon juice sprinkled on top as a light salad.
Calories 83.8, FatContent 1.8, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 24.1, SodiumContent 506.4, CarbohydrateContent 2.3, FiberContent 0.7, SugarContent 1.1, ProteinContent 13.9
BEST TUNA MELT RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE A TUNA MELT
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low sugar,nut-free,30-minute meals,Sunday lunch,weeknight meals,dinner,fish,lunch
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|1/3 c. mayonnaise|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)|
|2 (6-oz.) cans tuna|
|1 ribs celery, finely chopped|
|2 dill pickles, finely chopped|
|1/4 c. finely chopped red onion|
|2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|8 slices bread, such as sourdough|
|2 tbsp. butter|
|1 tomato, sliced|
|8 slices cheddar|
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Drain tuna then add to mayonnaise mixture. Use a fork to break up tuna into flakes. Add celery, pickles, red onion, and parsley and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Top an unbuttered side with approximately 1/2 cup of tuna salad, 2 to 3 slices tomato, and 2 slices of cheese. Top with another slice of bread, buttered side facing up. Repeat with remaining ingredients and place on a large baking sheet. Bake until cheese is melty, 5 to 8 minutes.
DILL PICKLE TUNA MELT – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 can (5 oz.) white tuna in water, drained, flaked|
|1/2 cup chopped CLAUSSEN Kosher Dill Pickle Wholes|
|2 Tbsp. chopped red onions|
|1/4 cup KRAFT Mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise, divided|
|8 slices white bread|
|4 KRAFT Singles|
- Combine tuna, pickles, onions and 2 Tbsp. mayo.
- Fill bread slices with tuna mixture and Singles to make 4 sandwiches.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining mayo.
- Cook in skillet over medium heat 3 min. on each side or until Singles are melted and sandwiches are lightly browned on both sides.
Calories 280, FatContent 8 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 35 mg, SodiumContent 930 mg, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 0 g, ProteinContent 19 g
PICKLED TUNA-SALAD SANDWICHES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Tara Bench
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 sandwiches
|1 6-ounce can tuna, drained|
|2 tablespoons pickle relish (dill or sweet)|
|1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and finely chopped (optional)|
|2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped|
|¼ teaspoon kosher salt|
|⅛ teaspoon black pepper|
|8 slices white bread|
- In a small bowl, gently combine the tuna, relish, and egg (if using). Add the mayonnaise and parsley and combine. Season with the salt and pepper. Divide the salad among 4 slices of bread and sandwich with the remaining slices. Cut in half and serve.
Calories 171 calories, CarbohydrateContent 14 g, CholesterolContent 18 mg, FatContent 7 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 380 mg, SugarContent 2 g