TEXAS TRASH DIP (WARM BEAN DIP) ALWAYS A CROWD FAVORITE
Provided by: An Affair from the Heart – anaffairfromtheheart.com
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 (16 ounce) cans of refried beans – I use Old El Paso Spicy Fat Free|
|1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1 Taco Seasoning packet|
|2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer, whip together cream cheese, beans, taco seasoning and sour cream until smooth. Spread into a 9×13 EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pan. Sprinkle with both shredded cheeses, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and dip is hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Calories 187 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 40 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 14 grams fat, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 9 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 8 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 426 milligrams sodium, SugarContent 1 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams unsaturated fat
BEST BAKED BEANS RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE BAKED BEANS
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: comfort food,dinner,main dish,side dish
Total time: 2 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
|8 slices bacon, halved|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1/2 medium green pepper, chopped|
|3 large cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans|
|3/4 c. barbecue sauce|
|1/2 c. brown sugar|
|1/4 c. distilled or cider vinegar|
|2 tsp. dry mustard or 2 tablespoons Dijon|
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Fry bacon in large, deep sauté pan skillet until bacon has partially cooked and released about 1/4 cup drippings. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add onions and peppers to drippings in pan and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients bring to a simmer. (If skillet is not large enough, add beans and heat to a simmer then transfer to a large bowl and stir in remaining ingredients).
- Pour flavored beans into a greased 13-by 9-inch (or similar size) ovenproof pan. Top with bacon, then bake until beans are bubbly and sauce is the consistency of pancake syrup, about 2 hours. Let stand to thicken slightly and serve.