10 AT-HOME BAKING SUBSTITUTES | SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET
Try These Simple Swaps
Short on ingredients for your favorite recipes? No problem! Try these 10 common baking substitutions next time you’re in a pinch. You’d be surprised at what ingredients can be swapped to create the same, tasty recipes.
Staple: Bakers Chocolate
Staple: Vanilla Bean
Staple: Vegetable Shortening
Staple: Powdered Sugar
[unata-product-collection collection-id=’3749997′ limit=’8′]
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 1 servings
Calories 1 calories
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH POMEGRANATES AND VANILLA-PECAN …
Provided by: Bobby Flay | Bio & Top Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|6 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened|
|1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped|
|1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed|
|3 tablespoons canola oil|
|3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses|
|Seeds from 1 pomegranate|
|1 lime, finely zested|
|1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest|
- Combine the butter and vanilla bean seeds in a small bowl. Fold in the pecans and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a medium roasting pan and toss with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until lightly golden brown, 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, add the pomegranate molasses and stir to combine. Return to the oven and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer the sprouts to a large bowl, add the pomegranate seeds and lime and orange zests. Transfer to a platter and top with some of the Vanilla-Pecan butter.
SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS SALAD WITH VANILLA VINAIGRETTE
Provided by: Carla
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|3 C. Brussels Sprouts (shaved)|
|4 C. Mixed Greens|
|1/2 C. Dried Cherries|
|1/2 C. Shaved Manchego Cheese|
|1/2 C. Marcona Almonds|
|1 T. Fresh Parsley (chopped)|
|1/2 C. Mandarin Oranges|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
|1 t. Vanilla Extract|
|4 T. White Balsamic Vinegar|
|3 T. Maple Syrup|
|½ C. GrapeseedOil|
|¼ t. Salt|
|1 ½ t. Dijon Mustard|
|2 t. Lemon Juice|
|Pepper to taste|
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Toss until combined.
- Add desired amount of dressing.
- Toss until coated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender except oil.
- Blend until well combined.
- Slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified.