INDIAN SPICED FISH RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|2 large plaice fillets, cut in half lengthways (500-600g total)|
|3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1 teaspoon turmeric|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon shichimi-togarashi, or|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
- Mix the dry spices, salt and pepper on a plate. Lightly coat the fish fillets in the dry spice mixture.
- Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes so the spices sink inches.
- Heat a frying pan with oil and fry the fish for 1-1/2 minutes on each side.
Calories 132, FatContent 8.6, SaturatedFatContent 1.3, CholesterolContent 36.7, SodiumContent 243.5, CarbohydrateContent 2.6, FiberContent 1.2, SugarContent 0.1, ProteinContent 11.6
INDIAN-SPICED FISH WITH CUCUMBER RELISH RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Marie Simmons
Yield: 4 Servings
|1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt|
|4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 teaspoon curry powder|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|4 5- to 6-ounce halibut steaks or mahi-mahi fillets (each about 3/4 to 1 inch thick)|
|1 1/2 cups diced English hothouse cucumber|
|2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro|
|Fresh cilantro sprigs|
- Whisk yogurt, 2 teaspoons ginger, garlic, curry powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper in medium bowl to blend. Add fish and turn to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning fish occasionally.
- Mix cucumber, vinegar, chopped cilantro, and remaining 2 teaspoons ginger in small bowl. Season lightly to taste with pepper. DO AHEAD Relish can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with olive oil. Scrape off excess yogurt marinade from fish; sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Grill fish until just opaque in center, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Spoon cucumber relish alongside; garnish with cilantro sprigs.
INDIAN BLACKENED FISH – RECIPE | SPICE TREKKERS
Provided by: SPICETREKKERS.COM
|2 6 to 8 oz fish fillets (approximately 200 g)|
|¼ cup clarified butter (ghee)|
|2 Tbsp Indian fish rub|
|2 Tbsp butter|
|1 tsp grated ginger|
|2 Tbsp lime or lemon juice|
- 1. Rinse the fillets under running water. Pat dry using paper towels, and then place on more paper towels for 5 minutes so they dry thoroughly.2. Place the fillets on a plate. Brush with melted ghee, and then sprinkle on the spices. Turn fillets over and repeat the ghee and spice blend technique.3. Heat a cast iron pan on medium heat. Put fillets in the pan and drizzle on the remaining ghee. Cook for two minutes, turn the fish and cook for another two minutes.4. Place the fillets on a large plate. In a small, clean pan melt butter with ginger and lime juice. Pour on the fish and serve immediately.