CHILI LIME ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 2 large servings or 4 side servings
|1 medium head cauliflower (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into small florets|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, grape seed oil or neutral flavored oil|
|1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt|
|1 teaspoon ancho chili powder or use our homemade chili powder, see notes|
|1 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 scallion, ends trimmed and finely sliced|
|2 to 3 lime or lemon wedges|
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat — lining the pan is not entirely necessary, but this does help with cleanup.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower florets with the oil, salt, chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add the seasoned florets to the baking sheet. Spread them out, facing as many of the flatter edges down onto the baking sheet so that they brown nicely.
- Roast until the edges are crisp and brown and the insides are tender, 20 to 35 minutes. After 20 minutes, give the cauliflower a stir to promote even browning.
- Serve tossed with the scallions and a squeeze of lime juice.
ServingSize Side Portion, 1/4 of the recipe, Calories 103, FatContent 7.6g, SaturatedFatContent 1.2g, CholesterolContent 0mg, SodiumContent 209.8mg, CarbohydrateContent 8.7g, FiberContent 3.5g, SugarContent 3.1g, ProteinContent 3.1g
SPICY CAULIFLOWER RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Roopa Gulati
Categories: Dinner, Side dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|6 tbsp vegetable oil|
|large piece ginger, finely chopped|
|2 tsp chilli flakes|
|2 tbsp cumin seed|
|2 tsp turmeric|
|1¼ kg (after trimming and removing leaves) cauliflower, broken into pieces|
|small bunch coriander, chopped|
- Heat the oil in a big pan or wok with a lid, then add the ginger and spices. Swirl everything around for a few secs until the spices are aromatic. Reduce the heat, then stir in the cauliflower and some seasoning. Put the lid on and cook for 10 mins or until softened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle over the coriander before serving.
Calories 145 calories, FatContent 10 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 1 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 7 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, FiberContent 3 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.05 milligram of sodium