BOB’S PULLED PORK ON A SMOKER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: bobthecook1
Categories: Pulled Pork
Total time: 240 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours 0 minutes
|1 (8 pound) pork shoulder roast|
|1 quart apple cider, or as needed|
|5 tablespoons white sugar|
|5 tablespoons light brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons kosher salt|
|2 tablespoons paprika|
|1 tablespoon onion powder|
|1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|3 cups hickory chips, or more as needed, soaked in water|
|1 onion, chopped|
- Place pork shoulder in a large pot and add enough apple cider to cover.
- Combine sugars, salt, paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix 1/4 cup of sugar rub into cider; reserve remaining rub.
- Cover the pot and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Preheat the smoker to 210 degrees F (99 degrees C). Add enough wood chips to the smoker.
- Pour cider brine into the water pan of the smoker; add onion and 1/4 cup more sugar rub.
- Spread remaining sugar rub over pork shoulder. Transfer pork to the center of the smoker.
- Smoke pork until very tender or until it reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F (95 degrees C), about 8 hours. Monitor hickory chips and liquid, adding more as needed.
- Transfer pork to a large platter and cool for 30 minutes before shredding with forks.
Calories 441.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15.2 g, CholesterolContent 103.9 mg, FatContent 32.1 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 23.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 11.2 g, SodiumContent 2690.8 mg, SugarContent 13.1 g