BASIC SHORT-CRUST PASTRY RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: David Tanis
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: One 9 and 1/2-inch tart crust
|145 grams all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 stick cold unsalted butter (1/4 pound), cut in 1/8-inch pieces|
|3 tablespoons ice water|
- Put flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor. Add butter and quickly cut it into flour until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add ice water and mix briefly, about 30 seconds, to form a soft dough. Remove dough, shape into a thick disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Bring to cool room temperature before rolling.
- To roll, lightly flour dough and counter. Roll out gradually, periodically letting dough rest for a moment before continuing. This makes rolling easier and will keep dough from shrinking back during baking.
- Roll dough to a thin round approximately 13 inches in diameter, then trim to make a 12-inch circle (refrigerate and save trimmings for patching). Lay dough loosely into a 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with removable bottom, letting it relax a bit. Fold overlap back inside to make a double thickness, then press firmly against the pan so the finished edge is slightly higher than the pan. Refrigerate or freeze for an hour before pre-baking.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 1268, UnsaturatedFatContent 28 grams, CarbohydrateContent 95 grams, FatContent 93 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 14 grams, SaturatedFatContent 58 grams, SodiumContent 658 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams, TransFatContent 4 grams
BASIC SHORTCRUST PASTRY RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Dessert, Main course, Side dish, Vegetable
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|225g plain flour|
|100g butter, diced|
- Sift 225g plain flour into a large bowl, add 100g diced butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in a pinch of salt, then add 2-3 tbsp water and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead the dough briefly and gently on a floured surface.
- Wrap in cling film and chill while preparing the filling.
Calories 262 calories, FatContent 14 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 9 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 29 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 0.3 grams sugar, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 4 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.4 milligram of sodium
BRITISH SHORTCRUST PIE PASTRY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Piques
Categories: Pastry Pie Crusts
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 9-inch pie shells
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|¼ cup chilled butter|
|¼ cup shortening|
|4 tablespoons ice water, or more as needed|
- Combine flour, butter, and shortening using a food processor until crumbly. Mix in water 1 tablespoon at at time until dough is soft and pliable.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; let rest in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.
Calories 657.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 47.7 g, CholesterolContent 61 mg, FatContent 49.3 g, FiberContent 1.7 g, ProteinContent 6.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 21.1 g, SodiumContent 165.6 mg, SugarContent 0.2 g