ITALIAN BROCCOLI & SALMON BAKE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Total time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|300g broccoli, cut into large florets|
|25g plain flour|
|8 sundried tomatoes (preserved in olive oil), drained and thickly sliced|
|2 tbsp small capers (optional) rinsed to remove excess salt or vinegar|
|8 anchovy fillets, halved (optional)|
|10 large fresh basil leaves, roughly torn|
|4 fresh skinless salmon fillets|
|50g mature cheddar, finely grated|
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5/fan 170C and get out an ovenproof dish (measuring 20 by 30cm, and about 5cm deep). Meanwhile, put a large pan of water on to boil for the pasta. When it is boiling rapidly, tip in the pasta with a generous sprinkling of salt. Give it a stir, return to the boil and cook for 6 minutes. Add the broccoli, then return the water to the boil and cook for 4 minutes more, until the broccoli is on the firm side of just tender. Drain well.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the butter, flour and milk in a large pan and heat, whisking or stirring continuously, until it thickens to make a smooth sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the mascarpone, sun-dried tomatoes, capers (if using), anchovies (if using) and basil, then add the pasta and broccoli and season well.
- Halve the salmon fillets widthways (you will see that there is an obvious divide on each fillet) then place the pieces in a single layer on the base of the ovenproof dish. Spoon the broccoli mixture on top, then scatter with the grated cheddar. (You can chill this for up to 4 hours if you want to get ahead.)
- Bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is just starting to bubble round the edges and the mixture is pale golden – don’t let it go too dark or the fish will overcook.
Calories 817 calories, FatContent 42 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 18 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 64 grams carbohydrates, FiberContent 5 grams fiber, ProteinContent 49 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.3 milligram of sodium
SLOW COOKER SALMON CRÈME FRAICHE PASTA – RECIPE THIS
Provided by: RecipeThis.com
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 245 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 240 minutes
|500 g Dried Pasta|
|1 Litre Skimmed Milk|
|240 ml White Wine|
|300 g Garlic & Herb Philadelphia|
|2 Salmon Fillets|
|1 Tsp Garlic Puree|
|1 Tbp Oregano|
|Salt & Pepper|
|600 g Crème Fraiche|
|100 ml White Wine|
|300 g Cream Cheese|
|240 ml Skimmed Milk|
- Load all the first ingredients (apart from the salmon) into the slow cooker and give it a stir.
- Then place the salmon fillets on top of the pasta.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3 hours on low. Remove the salmon, stir, then place the salmon back on top and cook for a further hour.
- Shred the salmon, add it to the slow cooker and stir in the crème fraiche, white wine, skimmed milk, and cream cheese and then serve.
Calories 956 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 75 g, ProteinContent 32 g, FatContent 54 g, SaturatedFatContent 30 g, CholesterolContent 142 mg, SodiumContent 471 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 11 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 13 g, ServingSize 1 serving