BEST CHRISTMAS RUM CAKE – HOW TO MAKE RUM CAKE FOR CHRISTMAS
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: Christmas,comfort food,dessert,snack
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 10-12 servings
|1 box (about 18 oz.) yellow cake mix|
|1 package (3.5 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix|
|4 whole eggs|
|1/2 c. cold water|
|1/2 c. canola oil|
|1/2 c. rum (dark or light is fine)|
|1 c. chopped pecans|
|brown sugar (optional)|
|1 1/2 sticks of butter|
|1/4 c. water|
|1 1/2 c. granulated sugar|
|3/4 c. rum|
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour a bundt cake pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. If desired, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of brown sugar over the nuts.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter into pan over nuts. Smooth out ’til the top is even. Bake for 1 hour, or a little less if the pan is black. Do not overbake!
- For the glaze: While cake has ten minutes to go, make the glaze. Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off flame and pour in rum. Stir to combine and reheat for 30 seconds.
- Remove cake from oven. Immediately drizzle 1/3 of the glaze on the bottom (top) of the cake. Allow to sit for five minutes.
- Invert the cake onto a serving plate. Prick surface a hundred times with a fork (gently, please.) Slowly drizzle remaining rum glaze all over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Cool to room temperature before serving to ensure glaze has soaked in. Eat. Enjoy. And don’t feel guilty. It’s Christmastime!
EASY RUM CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Mariann
Categories: Rum Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 1 Bundt cake
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 (15.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix|
|4 large eggs|
|½ cup dark rum|
|½ cup water|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix|
|½ cup butter|
|½ cup white sugar|
|⅛ cup water|
|¼ cup rum|
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt or tube pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the bottom of the prepared pan; set aside.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs, dark rum, water, oil, and vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl until well combined. Pour batter over walnuts in the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool, then invert cake onto a serving plate. Gently prick holes into the top and sides of cake with a toothpick or skewer.
- Make glaze: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir sugar and water into melted butter; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove glaze from heat; stir in rum.
- Drizzle warm glaze over top and sides of cake.
Calories 518.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 51 g, CholesterolContent 83.2 mg, FatContent 29.9 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 5.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.9 g, SodiumContent 479.3 mg, SugarContent 33.5 g