PITTSBURGH CHIPPED HAM BARBECUES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: MAP431056
Categories: Brown Sugar Ham
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 cup ketchup|
|1 cup water|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon cider vinegar|
|¼ cup sweet pickle relish|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 pinch ground black pepper|
|1 pinch garlic salt|
|½ teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring|
|1 pound chipped ham|
|6 hamburger buns|
- In a large saucepan, combine the ketchup, water, brown sugar, cider vinegar, sweet pickle relish and Worcestershire sauce. Season with cinnamon, black pepper, garlic salt and liquid smoke. Bring to a simmer over low heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Shred the ham and stir into the mixture. Simmer longer if desired, then serve hot on hamburger buns. The mixture can also be frozen.
Calories 326.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 41.4 g, CholesterolContent 44.6 mg, FatContent 10.5 g, FiberContent 1.5 g, ProteinContent 16.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.2 g, SodiumContent 1858.2 mg, SugarContent 14.6 g
CREAMED CHIPPED HAM (BEEF) ON TOAST – SOS
Provided by: The Kitchen Whisperer
|4 tablespoon butter, unsalted|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1 1/2 cups milk|
|1 1/2 cups half and half (or can use all milk)|
|1 pound shaved chipped baked ham (or can use chopped dried beef)|
|3 1/2 cups peas (canned or frozen – thawed)|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|8 slices of bread, toasted – don’t forget about the ‘anchor’ crusts!|
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the flour and whisk for a minute to cook the flour.
- SLOWLY add in the milk whisking constantly to break up the clumps.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook, whisking often until the mixture thickens. ~3-6 minutes. Watch so it doesn’t burn!
- Once the mixture thickens add in the ham and using a rubber tipped spatula, mix to combine, gently scraping on the base on the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in the peas, stir gently and turn off the heat.
- Toast the bread and place 2 slices of toast on a plate.
- Ladle a generous portion over the toast.
GRANDMA’S PITTSBURGH CHIPPED HAM SANDWICHES – SAVORY MOMENTS
Provided by: Amy (Savory Moments)
|1-1/2 lbs. chipped ham|
|1 (12 oz.) bottle chili sauce, like Heinz|
|about 2 tablespoon water|
|1/4 cup ketchup|
|freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|6 soft hamburger or Kaiser rolls|
- Mix the ham, chili sauce, ketchup, and pepper in a medium saucepan. Add about two tablespoons of water to the chili sauce bottle, put the cap back on shake well, and pour into the pan.
- Stir frequently until it begins to bubble. Reduce and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Serve hot on split rolls with sweet pickles and side(s) of your choice.