HOW TO MAKE PERFECT POTATO GNOCCHI – A FOOD LOVER’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Laura
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 lbs baking potatoes|
|2 large eggs|
|300 grams Type 00 Flour|
|1 tsp salt|
- Boil the potatoes, skins on, in salted water for around 20-40 mins, depending on size, or until tender, but not splitting. Drain.
- While still hot, push the potatoes through a potato ricer or fine sieve onto a work surface.
- On top of the potato, pour the flour and salt. Go light on the flour initially. You can always add more if the dough is too sticky.
- Make a well in the center of the potatoes and crack the eggs into the center. Lightly whisk the eggs with a fork. Then use the fork to begin to incorporate the potato, egg and flour.
- Once mostly incorporated, use your hands to bring the ingredients together to form a ball.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll the dough on a floured surface to form a long, even log.
- With a knife or pastry cutter, cut the log into bite-sized pieces. Store them on a floured surface until ready to cook, or transfer them to the freezer.
- To cook, gently boil in salted water for roughly 3 minutes or until they float to the surface. Do not overcook. Drain. Mix with sauce. Serve.
Calories 316 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 63 g, ProteinContent 12 g, FatContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 70 mg, SodiumContent 423 mg, FiberContent 7 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving