POTATO, ONION & TOMATO BAKE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|4 large potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced|
|2 small tomatoes, peeled & thinly sliced|
|1 small onion, thinly sliced|
|30 g butter, cut into thin pieces|
|salt & freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1/2 cup cream|
|1/2 cup chicken stock|
|1 cup grated cheddar cheese|
- Layer potato, tomato& onion in a greased, ovenproof baking dish, finishing with a potato layer.
- Dot each layer with pieces of butter and season with salt& pepper to taste.
- Combine milk, cream& stock and pour over potato mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Dot with any remaining butter.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 1 hour or until potato is tender& golden brown.
Calories 389.7, FatContent 17.7, SaturatedFatContent 11, CholesterolContent 56, SodiumContent 207.5, CarbohydrateContent 47.8, FiberContent 5.9, SugarContent 3.6, ProteinContent 11.7
EASY POTATO, ONION, AND TOMATO BAKE | CARIBBEAN GREEN LIVING
Provided by: Gemma
Categories: Dinner,Side Dish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 70 minutes
|2 ¼ lb potatoes (peeled)|
|2 tablespoon of Olive Oil|
|8 oz onions (or about 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced)|
|2 – 4 garlic cloves (crushed)|
|3 large tomatoes (about 1 lb, thinly sliced)|
|2 tablespoon Noubess Beau Monde Seasoning|
|6 – 8 oz mature grated cheddar cheese (yellow or white)|
- Peel the potatoes Parboil the potatoes whole in salted water for about 5 – 6 minutes depending on size.
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water for a few minutes.
- Cool slightly and slice the potatoes thick about 1/3 inch and all the same size if possible.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and onion gently for about 5-7 minutes until soft but barely browned.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degree F.
- Grease a large oven proof dish and layer up, first with half of the sliced potatoes then half the onion, one layer of the sliced tomatoes, sprinkle Noubess Beau Monde Seasoning then add half of the grated cheese. Repeat layer and finish with the grated cheese.
- Cook uncovered in the oven for about 1 hour until the cheese is well melted into the other ingredients and browned on top.
- Garnish with thyme, or parsley, optional.
Calories 508 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 12 g, ProteinContent 26 g, FatContent 40 g, SaturatedFatContent 22 g, CholesterolContent 104 mg, SodiumContent 624 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 5 g, ServingSize 1 serving
POTATO AND ONION BAKE WITH ROSEMARY AND TOMATOES | FORKS OVER …
From Naked Food Magazine
Find this recipe and more in the Forks Over Knives Recipe App.
Provided by: FORKSOVERKNIVES.COM
Total time: 60 minutes
|16 Yukon gold (or any round yellow) potatoes, washed|
|1 red onion, peeled and chopped|
|8 vine tomatoes|
|Fresh rosemary, chopped|
|Fresh bay leaves, chopped|
|1 Tbsp. tamari|
|1 cup water|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. With a sharp knife, puncture potatoes in several spots to accelerate the cooking process. Arrange them in a large silicone, ceramic, or glass baking dish so they do not overlap. Add onions, tomatoes, and herbs.
- Mix tamari in one cup of water and pour over the potatoes. Bake for 30 minutes, checking occasionally. If the potatoes begin drying out, add 1-2 cups of water-tamari mix. Serve and garnish with fresh rosemary.