POLLO TROPICAL CHICKEN RECIPE
Provided by: admin
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 pounds cut up Chicken Pieces (bone-in or boneless)|
|1 tablespoon fresh Garlic (mashed)|
|1 tablespoon Cumin|
|Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper (to taste)|
|White Pepper (to taste)|
|1 teaspoon Oregano (dried)|
|4 cups Sour Orange Juice|
|1 cup Pineapple Juice|
|1 Jalapeño Pepper (seeded and minced)|
|1 tablespoon fresh Cilantro Leaves (chopped)|
- Place the chicken pieces on the work surface or cutting board. Apply a generous layer of garlic paste to each piece of chicken.
- Mix cumin, salt, white pepper, black pepper and oregano in a small bowl. Combine well.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the chicken pieces. Apply the spice mixture evenly over the chicken pieces.
- In a large shallow dish, combine orange juice and pineapple juice. Stir in minced jalapeno. Combine well.
- Add the chicken to the marinade. Make sure the chicken is completely covered.
- Place dish in the refrigerator. Marinate chicken for at least 4 hours or overnight, stirring or shaking occasionally to ensure that it is evenly marinated.
- Prepare the grill for cooking. Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing the excess to drip off. Take the leftover marinade to the grill in a cup.
- Cook chicken on the grill, brushing it with marinade until it is done. Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked after the last basting. Avoid basting after cooking.
- If there is any marinade left, discard it. Enjoy with rice and black beans.
Calories 650 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving