FRENCH PEAR PUDDING RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 pear puddings, 4 serving(s)
|cooking spray (canola)|
|2 pears (medium peeled cored quartered and thinly sliced)|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons sultanas (see Note 1)|
|1/2 cup plain flour (stone ground specified 80g or 2 2/3oz)|
|2 tablespoons caster sugar (see Note 2)|
|2 eggs (lightly beaten)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla essence|
|300 ml low-fat milk (10floz)|
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F/Gas 4).
- Lightly spray 4 x 1 cup (250ml/8floz) capacity non-stick muffin holes with canola oil spray.
- Put pear slices and lemon juice into a bowl and mix to combine and then layer the pear slices and sultanas into the muffin holes.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk and pour over the pears and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set.
Calories 235.2, FatContent 3.4, SaturatedFatContent 1.3, CholesterolContent 96.8, SodiumContent 71.3, CarbohydrateContent 44.5, FiberContent 4.2, SugarContent 24.9, ProteinContent 8
CARAMEL PEAR PUDDING RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
—Sharon Mensing, Greenfield, Iowa
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|Pinch ground cloves|
|1/2 cup whole milk|
|4 medium pears, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|1/2 cup chopped pecans|
|3/4 cup packed brown sugar|
|1/4 cup butter|
|3/4 cup boiling water|
|Optional: Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream|
- Preheat oven to at 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; beat in milk until smooth. Stir in pears and pecans. Spoon into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. , In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and water; pour over batter. Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes. Serve warm, with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Calories 359 calories, FatContent 12g fat (4g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 17mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 223mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 63g carbohydrate (46g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
PEAR RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team