PEAR-BLACKBERRY CRISP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 servings.
|10 medium pears (about 4 pounds), peeled and sliced|
|2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour|
|1-1/3 cups quick-cooking oats|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup cold butter, cubed|
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place pears and blackberries in a large bowl. Mix sugar and flour; toss with fruit. Transfer to a greased 13×9-in. baking dish., In a bowl, mix first 5 topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown, 45-50 minutes.
Calories 415 calories, FatContent 16g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 41mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 228mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 67g carbohydrate (39g sugars, FiberContent 7g fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.
PEAR & BLACKBERRY CRUMBLES RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: James Martin
Categories: Dessert, Dinner
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|700g (or 4 large) ripe English pear, peeled and cubed|
|100g golden granulated sugar|
|200g plain flour|
|100g unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces|
|85g shelled pistachio, roughly chopped|
|100g demerara sugar|
|ice cream, to serve (optional)|
- Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Place the pears in a medium-size pan, add the granulated sugar and cook on a medium heat until the fruit starts to soften and releases its juices, about 10 mins. Add the blackberries and bring back to the boil, then remove from the heat. Spoon the fruity mixture into 4 individual ovenproof ramekins, or 1 large baking dish.
- Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the pistachios and demerara sugar, then stir to combine.
- Sprinkle crumble evenly over the cooked fruit. This can be done up to 1 day ahead, or frozen for up to 1 month. Bake for 20-25 mins if small, 40 mins if large, until golden. If baking from frozen, add 15 mins cooking time. Remove from the oven, cool slightly, then serve with ice cream, if you like.
Calories 768 calories, FatContent 33 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 15 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 115 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 76 grams sugar, ProteinContent 10 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.05 milligram of sodium
TRULY CLASSIC PEAR AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE
Provided by: GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|450g (1lb) blackberries|
|450 g (1lb) pears|
|Juice of 1 lemon|
|225 g (8oz) golden caster sugar|
|1 level tsp ground mixed spice|
|100 g (3½oz) butter, chopped, plus extra to grease|
|225 g (8oz) plain flour|
|75 g (3oz) ground almonds|
- Fill the sink with cold water. Put blackberries in a colander and lower carefully into the water. Toss the fruit to wash thoroughly. Lift out the colander and leave the blackberries to drain.
- Peel the pears, then halve them lengthways. Halve again and core, then slice each quarter into two or three pieces. Put the pieces in a bowl, add the lemon juice and toss well.
- Add 100g (3½oz) of the golden caster sugar to the sliced pears, along with the ground mixed spice, then add in the blackberries and toss thoroughly to coat with sugar and spice.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven) mark 6. Grease a 1.8 litre (3¼ pint) shallow dish with a little butter, then carefully tip the fruit into the dish in an even layer.
- Put the butter, flour, ground almonds and the remaining sugar into a food processor and pulse until the mixture begins to look like breadcrumbs. Tip into a bowl and bring parts of it together with your hands to make lumps.
- Spoon the crumble topping evenly over the fruit, then bake for 35–45min until the fruit is tender and the crumble is golden and bubbling. Serve with a drizzle of single cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Calories 530 calories
PEAR AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE – BBC FOOD
Provided by: James Martin
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: Serves 4-6
|110g/4oz butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing|
|180g/6½oz plain flour|
|110g/4oz demerara sugar|
|5 pears, peeled and left whole|
|150g/5½oz caster sugar|
|300g/10½oz blackberries (or frozen blackberries)|
|4 free-range egg yolks|
|40g/1½oz caster sugar|
|150ml/5½fl oz milk|
|150ml/5½fl oz double cream|
- For the crumble, preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease an ovenproof dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips, until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar, mix well, then set aside.
- To make the filling, place the whole pears in a pan, cover with water and add 50g/1¾oz of the sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10–12 minutes, or until the pears are tender. Drain well and set the pears aside to cool. Remove the pear cores and chop the flesh.
- Spoon one-quarter of the pears in an even layer on the bottom of the prepared ovenproof dish. Scatter one-quarter of the blackberries over the pears and then sprinkle over 2 tablespoons of the remaining caster sugar. Repeat the layering process until all the pears, blackberries and sugar have been used.
- Sprinkle over the topping and bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden-brown and bubbling.
- Meanwhile, make the custard. Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and pale.
- Place the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Pour onto the egg mixture, whisk well, then return to the pan. Heat gently, until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- To serve, divide the crumble between serving bowls and pour the custard over.
EASY APPLE, PEAR, AND BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Louise T
Categories: Apple Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 9-inch pie tins
|2 cups whole wheat flour|
|1 ½ cups lowfat margarine|
|1 cup white sugar|
|3 apples – peeled, cored, and cut into wedges|
|3 pears – peeled, cored, and cut into wedges|
|1 cup blackberries|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease three 9-inch pie tins.
- Mix flour, margarine, and sugar together in a bowl using your hands until mixture is crumbly.
- Layer apples and pears in the bottom of the 3 pie tins; sprinkle blackberries over apples and pears. Evenly distribute flour mixture over the fruit mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fruit is soft and topping is light brown, about 40 minutes.
Calories 185.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.1 g, FatContent 7.7 g, FiberContent 3.4 g, ProteinContent 2.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.7 g, SodiumContent 115.1 mg, SugarContent 16.6 g