STRAWBERRY PAVLOVA RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Nigella Lawson
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 servings
|4 egg whites|
|Pinch of salt|
|1 1/4 cups superfine sugar|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar|
|A few drops vanilla extract|
|1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered|
|1/2 teaspoon high-quality vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon high-quality balsamic vinegar|
|2 teaspoons superfine sugar|
|2 cups heavy cream|
- To prepare meringue: heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and draw a circle on the paper using an 8- or 9- inch cake pan as a guide. Flip the parchment over so the pencil marking is facing down (this ensures that the pencil won’t transfer to the meringue). In bowl of an electric mixer, combine egg whites and salt. Begin beating at low speed, slowly increasing to high. Continue until satiny peaks begin to form; gradually beat in sugar a tablespoon at a time until meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Sprinkle in cornstarch, white-wine vinegar and vanilla, and fold in gently. Mound onto parchment within circle, and shape into a disk, flattening top and smoothing sides. Place in oven, and immediately reduce heat to 300 degrees. Bake 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off heat, and allow meringue to cool completely in oven.
- To prepare topping: in a mixing bowl, combine strawberries, vanilla, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to 2 hours.
- To serve, carefully peel off parchment and place meringue on a platter or cake stand. Gently crack the top with the back of a soup spoon to make a shallow nest for the whipped cream and berries. Whip cream until it is thick enough to hold peaks, and spoon it evenly over meringue. Cover cream with strawberries, allowing a small amount of their liquid to dribble onto cream. Serve immediately.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 472, UnsaturatedFatContent 10 grams, CarbohydrateContent 50 grams, FatContent 30 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 4 grams, SaturatedFatContent 18 grams, SodiumContent 109 milligrams, SugarContent 47 grams
STRAWBERRY PAVLOVA RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Gregg Wallace
Categories: Afternoon tea, Dessert
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
|4 egg whites|
|250g caster sugar|
|1 tsp white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp cornflour|
|1 tsp vanilla extract|
|500g strawberries, hulled and halved|
|200g redcurrants, stalks removed|
|3 tbsp icing sugar|
|350ml double cream|
- Heat oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2.
- Using a pencil, mark out the circumference of a dinner plate on baking parchment.
- Whisk 4 egg whites with a hand mixer until they form stiff peaks, then whisk in 250g caster sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, until the meringue looks glossy.
- Whisk in 1 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp cornflour and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Spread the meringue inside the circle, creating a crater by making the sides a little higher than the middle.
- Bake for 1 hr, then turn off the heat and let the Pavlova cool completely inside the oven.
- When the meringue is cool, chop 100g of the hulled strawberries. Mix them with 100g of the redcurrants and 2 tbsp icing sugar.
- Place in a food processor, blitz until smooth, then push the fruit mixture through a sieve.
- Whip 350ml double cream with the remaining 1 tbsp icing sugar and spread it over the meringue. Put the remaining 400g hulled and halved strawberries and 100g redcurrants on the cream and finally pour the sauce over the whole lot.
Calories 525 calories, FatContent 31 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 18 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 60 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 59 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 4 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.17 milligram of sodium
EASY PAVLOVA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Rosina
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 pavlova
|4 large egg whites|
|1 ¼ cups white sugar|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1 pint heavy cream|
|6 medium fruit, without skins kiwi, peeled and sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; draw a 9-inch circle on the parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff but not dry. Gradually add sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until thick and glossy. Gently fold in cornstarch, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
- Spoon mixture inside the circle drawn on the parchment paper. Working from the center, spread mixture toward the outside edge and build the edge slightly. This should leave a slight depression in the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven until meringue is dry and sounds hollow when tapped, about 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat heavy cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form; set aside. Remove meringue from the parchment paper and place on a flat serving plate. Fill center of meringue with whipped cream and top with kiwi slices.
Calories 373.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 42.1 g, CholesterolContent 81.5 mg, FatContent 22.3 g, FiberContent 1.7 g, ProteinContent 3.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.7 g, SodiumContent 52.2 mg, SugarContent 36.6 g