SPAGHETTI WITH SCALLION SAUCE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
|1 lb spaghetti|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|4 cups chopped scallions (from 4 bunches)|
|2 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 oz finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/2 cup)|
- Cook spaghetti in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta cooks, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook scallions and garlic, stirring occasionally, until scallions are softened and garlic begins to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer scallion mixture to a blender and add zest, salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, and 1/2 cup pasta-cooking water, then purée until smooth. (Use caution when blending hot liquids.)
- Drain pasta in a colander and return to pot.
- Toss pasta with scallion purée, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste over moderate heat until pasta is well coated.
CRÈME FRAÎCHE PASTA WITH PEAS AND SCALLIONS RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Hana Asbrink
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|Kosher salt and black pepper|
|3 bunches scallions (about 12 ounces)|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 pound medium shells pasta|
|1 cup finely grated Parmesan|
|3/4 cup crème fraîche|
|1 lemon, zested (about 2 teaspoons zest), then quartered|
|1 cup frozen peas|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Trim the scallions. Thinly slice 1 or 2 scallions on the diagonal and set aside for garnish. Cut the remaining scallions into 1/2-inch-long pieces.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add the 1/2-inch scallion pieces, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until scallions start to caramelize, soften and brown in spots, about 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the pasta and reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook until al dente according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce: In a large bowl, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the Parmesan, crème fraîche and lemon zest; mix to combine. Stir in 1/2 cup of the hot reserved pasta water until the sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the charred scallions.
- When the pasta is done, add the peas to the water and turn off the heat. Immediately drain the pasta and peas together, and add them to the sauce in the large bowl. Toss thoroughly to combine, adding more reserved pasta water as desired to loosen the sauce to a silky texture. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately. Divide among bowls and top with more pepper and reserved sliced scallions. Serve with the lemon wedges, for squeezing on top.
SPAGHETTINI WITH ONIONS, SCALLIONS, AND GARLIC – PASTA RECIPES
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dinner,lunch,main dish
Total time: 0S
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 0S
|1/4 lb. sliced bacon|
|2 large onions|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|4 cloves garlic|
|1 3/4 c. canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock|
|3/4 lb. spaghettini|
|1/2 c. grated Parmesan|
- In a large deep frying pan, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of the bacon fat or, if you don’t have 3 tablespoons, add enough olive oil to make up the amount. Put the pan over moderately low heat. Add the onions and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the scallion bulbs and the garlic; cook 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghettini until almost done, about 9 minutes. Drain the spaghettini and add it to the simmering broth. Cook until the pasta is just done, about 3 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss with the bacon and scallion greens.
BEST CREAMY CORN PASTA WITH BACON AND SCALLIONS RECIPE – HOW TO …
Provided by: GOODHOUSEKEEPING.COM
Categories: Summer,dinner,main dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 0S
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|4 slices bacon|
|6 ears corn, shucked|
|12 oz. orecchiette pasta|
|1 oz. pecorino cheese, finely grated, plus more for serving|
|2 scallions, thinly sliced|
|1/2 c. basil, torn, plus more for serving|
|Hot sauce, for serving|
- Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium until crisp, about 7 minutes; transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Break into pieces when cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add corn and cook 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Cook pasta per package directions in the same pot. Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain pasta.
- When corn is cool enough to handle but while pasta is still cooking, cut off kernels (you should have about 3 cups). Transfer 2 cups to a blender along with cheese, ¾ cup pasta cooking water, and ¼ teaspoon salt; puree until very smooth.
- Toss pasta with corn puree, adding some reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if pasta seems dry. Fold in reserved corn, scallions, basil, and bacon. Serve sprinkled with additional cheese and basil and with hot sauce if desired.
Calories 520 calories