MIDNIGHT PASTA WITH GARLIC, ANCHOVY, CAPERS AND RED PEPPER RECIPE
Provided by: David Tanis
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings.
|1/2 pound spaghetti|
|3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped|
|4 anchovy filets, rinsed and roughly chopped|
|1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and roughly chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste|
|2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional|
|Parmesan for grating, optional|
- Put the spaghetti in a large pot of well-salted rapidly boiling water and cook only until firmly al dente. (Depending on the brand of pasta, this will be 8 to 10 minutes, but check frequently to see. )
- While the pasta is cooking, warm the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute, without letting it brown. Stir in the anchovies, capers and red pepper and cook for a half-minute more, then turn off the heat.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Pour in the garlic mixture, add the parsley, if using, and toss well to coat. Serve with grated Parmesan if desired.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 627, UnsaturatedFatContent 18 grams, CarbohydrateContent 87 grams, FatContent 23 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, ProteinContent 18 grams, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams, SodiumContent 403 milligrams, SugarContent 3 grams
PANTRY PASTA WITH GARLIC, ANCHOVIES, AND PARMESAN RECIPE …
Provided by: Andy Baraghani
Yield: 4 servings
|12 oz. spaghetti or other long pasta|
|4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling|
|3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional)|
|1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving|
|4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1/3 cup finely chopped parsley|
|1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest|
|1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice|
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook garlic and 1/4 cup oil in a large heavy pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 4 minutes. Add anchovies (if using) and red pepper flakes and cook, smashing anchovies with a wooden spoon to break them up, until anchovies begin to dissolve, about 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/4 cups pasta cooking liquid along with 1 cup Parmesan to pot with anchovies and garlic and cook, stirring, until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Using tongs, add pasta to pot, then add butter and lots of black pepper. Cook, tossing energetically and adding more cooking liquid if needed, until pasta is al dente and sauce is thickened and coats pasta, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; add parsley, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Divide pasta among bowls; drizzle with oil and top with more Parmesan.
ANCHOVY PASTA WITH GARLIC BREADCRUMBS RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Claire Saffitz
Yield: 4 Servings
|8 garlic cloves, divided|
|5 ounces sourdough or other crusty bread, crust removed, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)|
|1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest|
|Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper|
|¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons (or more) olive oil|
|4 oil-packed anchovy fillets|
|4 oil-packed Calabrian chiles, very finely chopped, or ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice|
|12 ounces bucatini, spaghetti, or linguine|
|2 ounces finely grated Pecorino|
|½ cup finely chopped parsley|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
- Very thinly slice 4 garlic cloves (a mandoline works great) and set aside. Pulse remaining 4 garlic cloves in a food processor until finely chopped. Add bread and lemon zest and pulse until coarse crumbs form; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat ¼ cup oil in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot over medium. Cook breadcrumb mixture, stirring often, until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer breadcrumb mixture with a slotted spoon to a small bowl.
- Heat remaining 3 Tbsp. oil in same pot over medium-low. Cook reserved sliced garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden at edges, about 1 minute. Add anchovies and chiles and cook, stirring, until anchovies are dissolved, about 1 minute. Stir in lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until very al dente, about 3 minutes less than package directions.
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to pot with sauce along with 1 cup pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing often, until pasta is al dente. Add 3 Tbsp. pasta cooking liquid, then gradually add cheese, tossing until melted and emulsified. Remove from heat, add parsley, butter, and half of breadcrumb mixture and toss until combined and butter is melted. If pasta seems dry, add more pasta cooking liquid and oil and toss again. Season with salt and pepper, and more lemon juice if desired.
- Divide pasta among bowls. Top with remaining breadcrumb mixture.