STIR-FRIED BEEF WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Ken Hom
Categories: Dinner, Main course, Supper
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|450g lean beef steak|
|1 tbsp light soy sauce|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
|1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine or dry Sherry|
|2 tsp cornflour|
|3 tbsp groundnut oil|
|1 red pepper, cut into chunky dice|
|1 green pepper, cut into chunky dice|
|3 tbsp oyster sauce|
|2 spring onions, finely shredded, to garnish|
- Cut the beef into slices 5cm long and 5mm thick, cutting against the grain of the meat. Put them in a bowl. Mix in the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine or Sherry and cornflour. Leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- Heat a wok until it is very hot, then add the groundnut oil. When it is slightly smoking, add the beef slices and stir-fry for 5 mins or until lightly browned. Remove the meat from the wok and drain well in a colander set inside a bowl. Discard the drained oil.
- Wipe the wok clean and reheat it over a high heat. Add the peppers, and cook for 3-4 mins or until softened. Add the oyster sauce and bring it to a simmer. Return the drained beef slices to the wok and toss them thoroughly with the oyster sauce. Turn the mixture on to a serving platter, top with the spring onions and serve immediately.
Calories 286 calories, FatContent 17 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 8 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 4 grams sugar, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 25 grams protein, SodiumContent 2 milligram of sodium
BEEF WITH OYSTER SAUCE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
|2 tablespoons oyster sauce|
|2 tablespoons soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon sesame oil|
|1 tablespoon cornflour|
|2 tablespoons peanut oil|
|2 garlic cloves, chopped|
|2 teaspoons ginger, chopped|
|1 red chile, deseeded and chopped|
|200 g filet of beef, sliced|
|1 small onion, sliced|
|1 red capsicum, sliced|
|rice, to serve|
- Combine oyster and soy sauces along with sesame oil, sugar and cornflour in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a wok.
- Swirl to coat.
- Add half the beef and stir fry until browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining peanut oil and beef and remove and set aside.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli to the wok.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and capsicum and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Return the beef to the pan along with the combined sauces.
- Stir to warm through.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Calories 222.5, FatContent 15.2, SaturatedFatContent 2.6, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 1504.4, CarbohydrateContent 19, FiberContent 3, SugarContent 7.7, ProteinContent 4.1