MUSTARD-PARMESAN WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE | FOOD …
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 large heads cauliflower|
|1 clove garlic, halved|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|4 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan|
|Lemon wedges, for serving|
- Position an oven rack in the bottom of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower, then trim the stem flush with the bottom of the head so the cauliflower sits flat on the prepared baking sheet. Rub the outside of each head with the cut garlic.
- Whisk together the oil, 3 tablespoons mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a small bowl.
- Put the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and brush the entire outside and inside with the mustard-oil mixture. Roast the cauliflower until nicely charred and tender (a long skewer inserted in the center of the cauliflower should pass through easily), 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let rest for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the parsley and Parmesan in a small bowl. Brush the outside of the roasted cauliflower heads all over with the remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and generously sprinkle with the Parmesan mixture.
- Cut the cauliflower into thick wedges and serve on plates with a sprinkle of salt, lemon wedges and any extra Parmesan mixture.
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: farmerbrown
Categories: Roasted Cauliflower
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|¼ cup butter, softened|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon zest|
|½ teaspoon ground cumin|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 large head cauliflower, leaves trimmed|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix butter, dill, garlic, lemon zest, cumin, salt, and ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Cut cauliflower stem flush with the rest of the head so it can stay upright in a casserole dish. Spread butter mixture evenly over the top and sides of cauliflower, place in a casserole dish, and cover with foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender and cooked through, about 1 1/4 hours. Transfer to a platter and spoon any liquid in the casserole dish over the cauliflower.
Calories 78.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 5.9 g, CholesterolContent 15.3 mg, FatContent 5.9 g, FiberContent 2.7 g, ProteinContent 2.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.7 g, SodiumContent 145.6 mg, SugarContent 2.5 g
GARLIC BUTTER WHOLE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
Provided by: Ioana Borcea from LowCarbSpark.com
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 medium-large head of cauliflower|
|2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)|
|2 tbsp olive oil (or avocado oil)|
|3 tbsp Parmesan cheese|
|1 tsp Italian seasoning|
|3 cloves garlic (minced)|
|2 tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)|
|½ tsp salt (to taste)|
|¼ tsp pepper (to taste)|
- Preheat oven to 400°F/ 200C.
- Prepare the Cauliflower – Use a sharp knife to carefully cut and remove the bottom leaves of the cauliflower. Remove as much of the thick white stalk as possible, as shown in the video below.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, oil, minced garlic, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place cauliflower core side down in a dutch oven or on a baking dish. Pour the butter sauce all over the cauliflower using a basting brush.
- Cover cauliflower head with aluminum foil or parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for 10-20 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of parmesan.
- Turn the oven to a high broil and roast for 3-5 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to brown.
- Top with more fresh parsley and serve with your favorite protein. Enjoy!
- If you prefer a little spice replace Italian Seasoning with a Taco Seasoning Blend or sprinkle a few red pepper flakes.
- For a vegan whole roasted cauliflower, omit the butter and add olive oil instead. Parmesan can easily be replaced with two tablespoons of nutritional yeast.
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 112 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 6 g, ProteinContent 3 g, FatContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 12 mg, SodiumContent 264 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 g