OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB CRISP – DOMESTIC DREAMBOAT
Provided by: Carissa Serink
Total time: 75 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|1 cup rolled oats, (divided)|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup brown sugar|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, (cut into half inch pieces)|
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|3 Tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1 large egg, (lightly beaten)|
|1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|3 cups rhubarb cut into 1/2″ pieces|
- Move oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 325°F.
- Grind 1/3 cup of the rolled oats into a flour-like powder using a food processor or spice grinder. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining 2/3 cup rolled oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt to the bowl with the ground oats. Stir until combined. Add the butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or your fingers until the butter is distributed and the oat mixture forms clumps. Press 1/3 to 1/2 of the mixture into a 9×9″ baking dish or similar sized casserole dish. Reserve the remaining topping.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk in the sugar mixture until mixed. Fold in the rhubarb. Carefully pour the rhubarb mixture over the crumb crust into the baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining topping evenly over the top of the filling. Bake until the filling is set and the topping is golden brown, about 55-65 minutes. Cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or vanilla yogurt if desired.
Calories 255 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 44 g, ProteinContent 4 g, FatContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 40 mg, SodiumContent 60 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 33 g, ServingSize 1 serving
OLD FASHIONED RHUBARB COBBLER RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Rae
Categories: Rhubarb Cobbler
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
|3 cups chopped rhubarb, or to taste|
|¾ cup white sugar|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|½ cup milk|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup white sugar|
|1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup boiling water|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread rhubarb into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat 3/4 cup white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth; stir in 1 cup flour, milk, baking powder, vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour batter over rhubarb.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over sugar mixture layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cobbler is lightly browned, about 1 hour.
Calories 191.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39.7 g, CholesterolContent 8.4 mg, FatContent 3.2 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 1.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 212.7 mg, SugarContent 30 g