A FRENCH GIRL CUISINEHOMEMADE CLASSIC NAPOLITAIN
|200 gr. of brown sugar (1.2 cup or 7.14 ounces)|
|250 gr. of flour (1.9 cup or 9 ounces)|
|1/2 bag of dry yeast (8 gr. or 1 1/2 teaspoon)|
|200 gr. of melted butter (4/5 cup or 7.14 ounces)|
|1/2 of vanilla pod|
|1 tablespoon of Rum|
|1 large tablespoon of unsweetened chocolate powder|
|150 gr. of dark chocolate (4/5 cup or 5.35 ounces)|
|10 cl. of liquid cream (2/5 cup or 0.3 fluid ounces)|
|100 gr. of powdered sugar (1/2 cup or 3.57 ounces)|
|2 tablespoons of liquid cream|
|1 adjustable mold (24x24cm puis 24x12cm)|
|2 tablespoons of chocolate vermicelli|
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Mix sugar and eggs. Add flour and yeast. Then add melted butter. Mix.
- Split the mix 2/3 – 1/3. Pour approximately 250 gr. (1/3) in a mixing bol and add chocolate powder.
- Seed vanilly pod. Add in the other part of the paste (2/3) together with 1 tablespoon of rum. Mix.
- Fill the 24×24 cm mold with the vanilla paste. Bake for 13 minutes. Leave to cool on a cake rack.
- Then fill the 24x12cm mold and bake for 13 minutes. Leave to cool on a cake rack.
- While baking the cake, chop dark chocolate and melt in a water-bath together with the liquid cream.
- Cut in two pieces the vanilla cake. Cover with half of melted chocolate. Place the chocolate cake on top and cover with the rest of melted chocolate. Finish by a vanilla cake.
- Icing : Mix powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of liquid cream. Pour on top of the cake, make it look nice. Sprinkle chocolate vermicelli.
- Refrigerate few minutes and cut the side, so it looks nice and also because it had the tendency to dry.