SAYADIEH – FUFU’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Heifa
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 lb Cod, cut into fillets (or any white fish; like halibut)|
|1 tbsp Cumin|
|1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil ( for pan searing)|
|1.5 cups White Rice (rinsed, and drained)|
|1 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive oil|
|1 tbsp Cumin|
|1/4 tsp Turmeric|
|1 Bouillon Cube|
|3/4 Caramelized Cooked onions (from below)|
|3 Yellow onions (thinly sliced)|
|2 tbsp Filippo Berio Olive Oil|
|1 tsp Cumin|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
|1 cup Parsley (Finely chopped)|
|1/2 cup Tomatoes (Finely diced)|
|3/4 cup Tahini|
|1 Large Lemon's juice (add more for extra tanginess )|
|1/2 cup Water (to thin out salad, add more or less to your thicness preferance)|
|1 Garlic clove (minced or crushed)|
|Salt to taste|
- First, mix together all the ingredients for the salad then set aside.
- Secondly, prepare the onions by adding olive oil to a skillet then the onions and seasonings. Stir and cook on medium heat until the onions becomes caramelized and slightly crisp. 3/4 of the cooked onions will go to the rice and the rest as garnish.
- To prepare the rice, add the rinsed rice to a pot with all the other ingredients then mix together. Add 3 cups of water or stock to this. Bring to a boil then a simmer and cook until fluffy and the water has evaporated.
- For the fish, pat it dry then season on both sides with the above seasonings. Then, add the olive oil to a pan. You can use the same one the onions were cooked in. Have the stove on medium high heat then cook the fish for 4-5 minutes each side. Be very gentle when flipping the fish. The fish should be seared and cooked throughout.
- To assemble, add the rice to the servings dish then top with the extra caramelized onions. Add the fish on top of that then add some toasted slivered almonds and parsley as garnish. Serve with the refreshing tahini salad. Enjoy!