ESPAGUETI ROJO (CREAMY SPAGHETTI WITH TOMATO) – MARICRUZ AVALOS …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: side dish
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|8 oz spaghetti|
|1 lb ripe tomatoes|
|½ small onion|
|½ cup Mexican crema (read notes)|
|4 oz cream cheese (half package)|
|1 Tbsp olive oil|
|2 Tbsp butter|
|2 tsp oregano|
|queso fresco (or your favorite cheese)|
- Place tomatoes on a pot and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook until tomatoes are soft and the skin is falling off (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from the hot water and allow them to slightly cool down. Remove the skin, cut them in half, and remove the seeds too.
- Place tomatoes on a blender and add onion, garlic, oregano, and 1 cup of the cooking water. Blend until smooth.
- In a large pan heat the oil over medium-low heat. Add butter and allow to melt, then pour in the tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens to the point it coats the back of a spoon.
- Add cream cheese and Mexican crema (read notes). Stir until everything is nicely combined.
- Adjust salt and pepper, and let it simmer for 3 more minutes or until the sauce thickens a little bit. Set aside.
- Cook your spaghetti al dente as instructed in the package.
- Return the pan with the creamy tomato sauce to the stove and place it over medium-high heat.
- Strain your spaghetti and add it to the pan.
- Stir for 1 minute to coat nicely the spaghetti and finish the cooking.
- Serve with queso fresco on top.
Calories 469 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 52 g, ProteinContent 11 g, FatContent 25 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 62 mg, SodiumContent 854 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 7 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 8 g, ServingSize 1 serving