LIVERWURST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Tina
Categories: Ground Pork
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 48 servings
|10 pounds ground pork|
|2 pounds ground pork liver|
|4 onions, minced|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|48 sausage casings|
- Mix together pork, liver, onions, salt and pepper. Put into casings and boil in water for one hour.
Calories 211.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.2 g, CholesterolContent 90.7 mg, FatContent 13.9 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 19 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.2 g, SodiumContent 52 mg, SugarContent 0.4 g
HOMEMADE LIVERWURST (LEBERWURST) – A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
Provided by: A Coalcracker in the Kitchen
Cook time: 2 hours
|1 pound pork fat|
|2 pounds lean pork|
|1 1/4 pounds pork liver (or calves or beef liver)|
|1 medium onion, grated|
|2 tablespoons salt|
|2 teaspoons cloves|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
- Cut the pork, pork fat and liver into cubes and freeze for an hour or two, so that they will process in a food processor without mushing.
- Sauté the onion in a little pork fat or butter until soft and translucent, then sprinkle with the spices to warm them.
- Add the mixture to the pork and process with the metal “S” blade until you have a smooth puree.
- Pack the puree into 2 (9 x 5-inch) loaf pans and cover tightly with foil.
- Put the dish or loaf pans in a larger baking pan and pour an inch or two of boiling water into the larger pan (making a “water bath”) then bake at 300F degrees until meat is cooked but not browned (meat thermometer should read 160F to 165F degrees), about 2 hours.
- Remove loaves from the pan of water and let cool completely in the loaf pans.
- Loosen loaves from pans, turn out and wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours before using.