5 STEP CRAB LINGUINE IN WHITE WINE SAUCE – THE LEMON BOWL®
Provided by: Liz DellaCroce
Categories: Entree,Main Course
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|8 ounces whole wheat linguine (cooked according to package instructions reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid)|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 cloves garlic (grated)|
|1 pinch chili flakes|
|1 pound precooked snow crab legs (cut into 3-4 inch pieces)|
|1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth (such as Sauvignon Blanc)|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|salt and pepper to taste|
|minced parsley and parmigiano reggiano (optional garnish)|
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet. Sauté garlic for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chili flakes and crab legs to the pan and sauté an additional minute. Pour white wine into the pan to deglaze.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil then cover with a lid to allow crab legs to steam and warm through about 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in pasta along with reserved cooking liquid and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve crab linguine in a large pasta bowl and garnish with minced parsley and Parmigiana Reggiano to taste.
Calories 370 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 42.3 g, ProteinContent 17.2 g, FatContent 16 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.8 g, SodiumContent 397 mg, FiberContent 6 g, SugarContent 0.3 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 14.2 g, ServingSize 1 serving
LINGUINE WITH CRAB MEAT RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Florence Fabricant
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 jalapeño, cored, seeded, very finely minced|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|1 tablespoon yuzu juice (sold in Japanese markets) or lemon juice|
|4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1 medium onion, sliced|
|4 ounces button mushrooms, sliced|
|1/2 cup chopped peeled and seeded tomato, fresh or canned|
|Japanese togarashi pepper or cayenne, to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup seafood stock|
|1/2 pound crab meat, preferably peekytoe|
|12 ounces fresh linguine|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoon chopped tarragon leaves|
- Combine jalapeño, lemon zest and yuzu juice in a small dish and set aside. Heat half the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and cook on medium-high until it starts to caramelize. Remove it. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until they start to brown. Return the onions to the pan, add the tomatoes and cook until they start to dry out. Pulse the mixture in a food processor until very finely chopped. Add the jalapeño mixture and season to taste with salt and togarashi. The mixture should have a touch of heat.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Heat the remaining oil in the sauté pan on low. Add the garlic, cook until it softens, then add the wine. Increase heat to medium high and reduce until the wine films the pan. Add the stock and the tomato mixture. Stir, then add the crab.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain and add it to the sauté pan. Add the butter. Use tongs to toss all the ingredients together. Divide among 4 warm plates, scatter tarragon on each and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 586, UnsaturatedFatContent 16 grams, CarbohydrateContent 57 grams, FatContent 25 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 23 grams, SaturatedFatContent 8 grams, SodiumContent 884 milligrams, SugarContent 4 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams