CUBAN GLAZED SHRIMP WITH CITRUS RUM SAUCE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
|– 1 tablespoon cornstarch|
|– 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided|
|– 1/2 cup each honey and fresh orange juice|
|– 1/4 cup dark rum or mango rum|
|– 2 tablespoons minced garlic|
|– 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger|
|– salt and black pepper to taste|
|– 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro|
|– 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on|
- preheat broiler with rack 3 to 4 inches from element. Line a baking sheet with foil with a rack on top. Lightly coat rack with nonstick spray.
- Whisk cornstarch and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat honey, orange juice, rum, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, garlic, and ginger in a medium pan over high until boiling. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and cook until thick, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Stir in cilantro and reserve 1/2 cup sauce for basting and remaining for dipping.
- Flip shrimp and baste, with sauce. Broil shrimp until pink, curled, and opaque, one or two minutes more, then serve with dipping sauce. Makes 10 servings
MIXED BERRIES WITH ORANGE BUTTERED RUM SAUCE – RECIPES
Provided by: DRISCOLLS.COM
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 Package (16 ounces or 3 cups) Driscoll's Strawberries, hulled and sliced|
|1 Package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cup) Driscoll's Blueberries|
|1/2 Cup orange juice|
|1/2 Cup dark rum|
|3 Tablespoons packed light brown sugar|
|1 Tsp. grated orange zest|
|1 Tsp. fresh lemon juice|
|4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick), chilled and cut into 4 pieces|
Calories 277, FatContent 12.04 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.33 g, CholesterolContent 30.53 mg, SodiumContent 6 mg, CarbohydrateContent 27.84 g, FiberContent 3.25 g, SugarContent , ProteinContent 1.38 g