KFC KENTUCKY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE (COPYCAT) – RECIPES.NET
Provided by: Recipes.net Team
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 lb boneless chicken breasts|
|10 cups water|
|¼ cup preferably Lawry’s garlic salt|
|⅔ cup olive oil|
|1 tsp liquid smoke|
|1 tsp soy sauce|
|1 tsp honey|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 powdered or crumbled chicken bouillon|
|1 tsp ground black pepper|
|1 tsp dried rosemary|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|½ tsp dried marjoram|
|½ tsp onion powder|
|¼ cup or any similar product Accent seasoning|
|½ cup potatoes, or carrots, cooked to your preference green beans|
- Dissolve the salt into a large mixing bowl with water.
- Submerge the chicken in the salted water, cover the bowl with cling wrap, and transfer to a chilled area for at least 2 hours, no more than 4 hours. If you have a brine injector or syringe, you can also inject roughly 1 cup of the brine around the chicken before submerging.
- Grease a roasting tray with cooking spray and preheat the grill to 350 to 360 degrees F. Then, preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
- Mix the olive oil, liquid smoke, soy sauce, and honey together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the accent seasoning, chicken bouillon, marjoram, rosemary, onion powder, black pepper, oregano, and basil.
- Rinse the soaked chicken with cold water and pat them dry. Brush the liquid smoke mixture around the chicken and season heavily with the prepared spice mix.
- Grill the chicken pieces for approximately 3 to 5 minutes per side until evenly grilled, then transfer to the greased roasting tray and into the oven.
- Roast for roughly another 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with the liquid smoke mixture while roasting.
- Serve with some green beans, potatoes, and carrots, and enjoy!
Calories 482.00kcal, CarbohydrateContent 2.00g, CholesterolContent 97.00mg, FatContent 49.00g, FiberContent 1.00g, ProteinContent 32.00g, SaturatedFatContent 7.00g, ServingSize 6.00 people, SodiumContent 5,291.00mg, SugarContent 1.00g, TransFatContent 1.00g, UnsaturatedFatContent 23.00g
KFC GRILLED CHICKEN COPYCAT RECIPE | TOP SECRET RECIPES
When I heard about all the commotion over this new secret recipe I immediately locked myself up in the underground lab with a 12-piece bucket of the new grilled chicken, plus a sample I obtained of the proprietary seasoning blend, and got right to work. After days of nibbling through what amounts to a small flock of hens, I’m happy to bring you this amazing cloned version of this fast food phenomenon so that you can now reproduce it in your own kitchen. Find the smallest chicken you can for this KFC grilled chicken copycat recipe, since KFC uses young hens. Or better yet save some dough by finding a small whole chicken and cut it up yourself. The secret preparation process requires that you marinate (brine) your chicken for a couple hours in a salt and MSG solution. This will make the chicken moist all of the way through and give it great flavor. After the chicken has brined, it’s brushed with liquid smoke-flavored oil that will not only make the seasoning stick to the chicken, but will also ensure that the chicken doesn’t stick to the pan. The liquid smoke in the oil gives the chicken a smoky flavor as if it had been cooked on an open flame barbecue grill.
The grilled chicken at KFC is probably cooked on ribbed metal plates in specially designed convection ovens to get those grill marks. I duplicated that process using an oven-safe grill pan, searing the chicken first on the stovetop to add the grill marks, then cooking the chicken through in the oven. If you don’t have a grill pan or a grill plate, you can just sear the chicken in any large oven safe saute pan. If you have a convection function on your oven you should definitely use it, but the recipe will still work in a standard oven with the temperature set just a little bit higher. After baking the chicken for 20 minutes on each side, you’re ready to dive into your own 8-piece bucket of delicious indoor grilled chicken that’s as tasty as the fried stuff, but without all the fat.Check out the video demonstration of this recipe.
Source: “Top Secret Recipes Step-by-Step” by Todd Wilbur
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes0S
Prep time: 30 minutes0S
Cook time: 30 minutes0S
Calories 278 calories