HOMEMADE PEPPERONI PIZZA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Contadina
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 12-inch pizzas
|½ cup water|
|½ (12 ounce) can CONTADINA® Tomato Paste|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed|
|1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed|
|½ teaspoon garlic powder|
|½ teaspoon onion powder|
|½ teaspoon sugar|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper|
|3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, or more as needed|
|2 (.25 ounce) envelopes FLEISCHMANN’S® Pizza Crust Yeast or RapidRise® Yeast|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1 ½ teaspoons salt|
|1 ⅓ cups very warm water (120 degrees F to 130 degrees F)|
|⅓ cup oil|
|1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more to taste|
|1 (6 ounce) package HORMEL® Pepperoni|
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
- Make sauce: Whisk together water, tomato paste, oregano, basil, garlic powder, onion powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Make crust: Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add remaining flour, a little at a time, until a soft, sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface; knead until dough is smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. Add more flour as needed. (If using RapidRise yeast, let dough rest, covered, for 10 minutes.)
- Divide dough in half. Lightly flour your hands, then pat each piece of dough onto the prepared pizza pans.
- Top dough with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crusts are browned and cheese is bubbly, 18 to 20 minutes. Rotate pizza pans between the top and bottom oven racks halfway through baking.
Calories 590 calories, CarbohydrateContent 60.4 g, CholesterolContent 47.5 mg, FatContent 29.1 g, FiberContent 2.9 g, ProteinContent 19.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.7 g, SodiumContent 1408.3 mg, SugarContent 5.5 g