HEALTH BENEFITS OF PICKLES (PLUS A FAMILY RECIPE!)
Provided by: MEDICAREFUL.COM
|5 stalks of celery, thinly sliced|
|5 onions, thinly sliced|
|3 cups of white vinegar|
|2 cups of sugar|
|¼ cup of Kosher salt|
|1 tsp of turmeric|
|1 tsp mustard seed|
|1 tsp of celery seed (or celery salt, balancing out with less Kosher salt)|
- Mix the vinegar, sugar, Kosher salt, turmeric, mustard seed, and celery seed in a pot.
- Bring that to a rolling boil.
- In a heatproof container, pour the brine over the vegetables. (We use celery and onions, but any vegetables work).
- Stir the vegetables to thoroughly coat them in the brine.
- Seal the container and refrigerate it overnight, stirring it occasionally to ensure even pickling.
- Serve or store for up to a week in the refrigerator.