CHORIZO & SEAFOOD PAELLA – INSTANT POT RECIPES
Provided by: Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|4 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 pound cured Spanish chorizo (cut into 1 inch thick slices)|
|1 yellow onion (diced)|
|3 cloves garlic (minced)|
|pepper (freshly ground)|
|2 teaspoons smoked paprika|
|1 teaspoon sweet paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic|
|1/2 teaspoon saffron threads|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|14 ounces crushed tomatoes (with juice)|
|2 cups Basmati rice|
|4 1/4 cups chicken broth|
|1 pound littleneck clams (or other small clams)|
|3/4 pounds large shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails intact)|
|1 1/2 cups frozen peas|
|flat-leaf parsley (chopped fresh, for serving)|
|lemon wedges (for serving)|
- Select Sauté on the Instant Pot and warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and warmed through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chorizo to a plate.
- Warm the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in the pot. Add the onion and minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the smoked paprika, sweet paprika, granulated garlic, and saffron.
- Cook, stirring often, until the onion is well coated with the spices, about 3 minutes. Pour in the wine and, using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits from the pot bottom.
- Add the tomatoes, rice, 4 cups of the broth, and the clams, discarding any clams that fail to close to the touch.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the valve to Sealing. Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button to reset the program, then press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and set the cook time for 8 minutes at high pressure.
- Turn the valve to Venting to manually release the steam. When the steam stops, carefully remove the lid, press the Keep Warm/ Cancel button to reset the program, then select Sauté.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup broth, the shrimp, and the peas and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 5 minutes.
- Divide the paella among individual bowls, discarding any clams that failed to open. Top with parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.
INSTANT POT PAELLA – RECIPE THIS
Provided by: RecipeThis.com
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
|Instant Pot Pressure Cooker|
|1 Small Onion|
|6 Large Garlic Cloves|
|1 Small Red Pepper|
|30 g Sliced Chorizo|
|1 Tbsp Olive Oil|
|150 ml White Wine|
|1 Litre Paella Stock|
|3 Cups Risotto Rice|
|250 g Frozen Mussels|
|250 g Frozen Shrimp/King Prawns|
|250 g Frozen Mixed Seafood|
|250 g Diced Chicken Breast|
|100 g Frozen Peas|
|3 Strands Saffron|
|1 Tbsp Turmeric|
|1 Tbsp Paprika|
|1 Tbsp Parsley|
|Salt & Pepper|
- Peel and thinly slice your onion and garlic. Deseed and medium slice your red pepper. Place the onion, garlic and red onion into the Instant Pot with the extra virgin olive oil and cook on sauté for approximately 3 minutes or until the onion is soft and tender.
- Add in the chorizo and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the chorizo has added flavour to the pot.
- Add the seasonings and stir well.
- Deglaze the Instant Pot and mix any bits off the bottom with the white wine and the paella stock.
- Add in the rice, chicken, seafood, peas and stir one last time.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 6 minutes on manual pressure.
- Use quick pressure release, stir and serve.
Calories 449 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 66 g, ProteinContent 28 g, FatContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 121 mg, SodiumContent 391 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 serving