HAZELNUT FILLING RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
|2/3 cup heavy cream|
|6 large egg whites|
|1 2/3 cups sugar|
|1 3/4 cups (3 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces, softened|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup hazelnut cream|
|Pinch of salt|
- Put cream into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment; beat on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in the clean bowl of mixer set over a pan of simmering water until sugar has dissolved and mixture registers 160 degrees, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Attach bowl to mixer fitted with the clean whisk attachment; beat on high speed until slightly cooled and stiff (but not dry) peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Fit mixer with paddle attachment. With mixer on medium-low speed, add butter, several pieces at a time, mixing well after each addition (meringue will deflate slightly as butter is added). Add vanilla, hazelnut cream, and salt; mix until mixture comes together, 3 to 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream with a rubber spatula. Use immediately.
HAZELNUT WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 2 cups.
|1 cup heavy whipping cream|
|3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar|
|1 to 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur|
|1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- In a chilled small glass bowl and using chilled beaters, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar, liqueur and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Store in the refrigerator.
Calories 61 calories, FatContent 5g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 17mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 4mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 2g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 0 protein.