CHICKEN PULAO RECIPE BY TASTY
(This Chicken Pulao was 1 of 3 winners in our latest recipe challenge. Find more of our community recipes here.) la spiruline c est quoi recettes.
Provided by: Priyanka Talari
Yield: 4 servings
|1 lb bone-in chicken|
|2 cups basmati rice, washed, rinsed, and soaked in water, for 30 minutes|
|3 ½ cups water|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 bay leaves|
|4 cardamom pods|
|1 stick cinnamon|
|¼ cup red onion, sliced|
|2 green chiles, optional|
|1 sprig curry leaf, optional|
|1 teaspoon garlic, minced|
|1 teaspoon ginger, minced|
|salt, to taste|
|¼ teaspoon turmeric powder|
|5 mint leaves|
|2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons red chili powder|
|½ teaspoon cumin powder|
|1 teaspoon coriander powder|
|1 teaspoon garam masala powder|
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pot. To this, add bay leaves, cloves, cardamom pods and cinnamon. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add cashews and sauté until light golden brown.
- Next, add onion slices, green chilies, curry leaves, salt and turmeric and fry on medium heat until onions turn golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and minced ginger. Fry until the raw smell goes off.
- Add chicken and mix well. Cover and cook on medium-low flame until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Then add cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, mint and cilantro. Mix well.
- Add water and mix well. Adjust the seasoning as needed. Once water is boiling, add soaked rice and gently stir to combine.
- Cook on high flame for 6 to 8 min. Then, cover and cook on low flame until all the water evaporates and the rice is cooked through, stirring gently.
- Serve hot with cucumber or onion raita.
Calories 495 calories, CarbohydrateContent 90 grams, FatContent 10 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 11 grams, SugarContent 1 gram
EASY CHICKEN PULAO RECIPE IN PRESSURE COOKER | VISMAI FOOD
Provided by: Vismai Food
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|Chopped Mint leaves|
|Chopped Coriander Leaves|
|Ginger Garlic Paste|
|Black Cumin Seeds|
|Roasted Cumin Powder|
- Heat Oil in a Cooker and add Cloves, Cinnamon, Cardamoms, Black Cumin Seeds, Biryani Leaf and fry until they give out a nice aroma.
- Add sliced onion and fry till the color changes to golden brown.
- When you get a good color, add Ginger Garlic Paste, Turmeric, Mirchi Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder and Garam Masala and fry
- Add diced tomatoes and let them cook until soft.
- Take the Chicken soaked in saltwater for an hour, add it to the spices and fry on high flame for 4-5 minutes. Add 2 cups of water.
- Take the soaked Basmati Rice, mix well. Add whisked Curd, Chopped Mint leaves, Chopped Green Coriander. Mix and cook in the pressure cooker on high flame to two whistles. Then switch it off and leave it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn it over from the bottom with a flat spoon. There is your Perfect Chicken Pulao.