TACO SEASONING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: BILL ECHOLS
Categories: Taco Seasoning
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 ounce
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin|
|1 teaspoon sea salt|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|½ teaspoon ground paprika|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder|
|¼ teaspoon onion powder|
|¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|¼ teaspoon dried oregano|
- Mix together chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and oregano in a small bowl.
Calories 5.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.9 g, FatContent 0.2 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 184.8 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
EASY BEEF TACOS RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef|
|1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa|
|10 Old El Paso™ taco shells|
|1/2 head lettuce, shredded|
|1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)|
|1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 ounces)|
- Cook beef in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- Stir salsa into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour beef mixture into large serving bowl.
- Heat taco shells as directed on package. Serve taco shells with beef mixture, lettuce, tomato and cheese.
Calories 190 , CarbohydrateContent 10 g, CholesterolContent 40 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 12 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 320 mg
EASY GROUND BEEF FOR TACOS RECIPE – MOMMY’S HOME COOKING
Provided by: Oriana Romero
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 lb ground beef ((900 g) (see notes))|
|1 cup onion, (finely diced (about 1 medium onion- 150 g approx.))|
|4 garlic cloves, (minced)|
|Kosher salt to taste ((see notes))|
|2 tablespoons chili powder|
|1 tablespoon paprika|
|2 teaspoons cumin|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper ((or black pepper if you don't like the heat))|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1 cup beef broth ((240 ml) (see notes))|
|1/3 cup cilantro leaves, (chopped)|
- Heat a skillet (preferably nonstick) over high heat. When hot, add the meat to the skillet and cook, using a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula to break up the ground beef into equal-size pieces as it cooks, until no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, occasionally stirring, until the onion is soft, about 2 -3 minutes. Lightly season with salt to taste; mix to combine. NOTE: I recommend not adding too much salt since the broth will add quite an amount of salt too.
- Add paprika, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, tomato paste, and beef broth. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover the skillet and cook for 8 – 10 minutes, or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired, and use to fill tacos, burritos, quesadillas, tostadas, empanadas, etc.
Calories 313 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 5 g, ProteinContent 21 g, FatContent 23 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, CholesterolContent 81 mg, SodiumContent 239 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving