CRACKER BARREL MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 cup low sodium chicken broth|
|1/2 cup cream|
|2 1/2 cups shredded colby cheese|
|2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add the flour a little bit at a time whilst whisking to make a roux.
- Heat the broth.
- Next, add the broth to the roux, and stir with the whisk; this will thicken as it heats.
- Add a little cream, watching for the desired consistency.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a separate pot; add salt and pasta.
- In the other pot, add shredded cheese a 1/4 of a cup at a time whilst stirring with a spoon. When you have about one cup of cheese in you can add the rest of the cheese.
- Cook the pasta until al dente; strain and combine with the cheese sauce.
- Pour the mix into a casserole and bake uncovered in a preheated oven set to 350°F for about 10 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the mac & cheese, you want it to brown around the edges and in patches on top.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Calories 437.2, FatContent 26, SaturatedFatContent 16, CholesterolContent 77, SodiumContent 726.9, CarbohydrateContent 33.2, FiberContent 1.3, SugarContent 1.4, ProteinContent 17.8
CRACKER BARREL MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | TOP SECRET RECIPE
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 20 minutes0S
Prep time: 10 minutes0S
Cook time: 10 minutes0S
|3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni pasta|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|3 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2 1/4 cups whole milk|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper|
|2 1/2 cups shredded Colby cheese|
Calories 437 calories
BEST COPYCAT CRACKER BARREL MACARONI AND CHEESE RECIPE – PARADE …
Provided by: Krista Marshall
Total time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1-lb elbow macaroni|
|3 cups shredded Colby cheese, divided use|
|2 cups milk|
|5 tbsp butter|
|⅓ cup flour|
|½ tsp salt|
|¼ tsp pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 8×8 baking dish. Cook macaroni to al dente. In a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth and cook for 2-3 minutes until a light roux forms. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Cook for 3-5 minutes until thickened. Reduce heat to medium low. Add 2 cups cheese in small batches, stirring constantly until smooth cheese sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper. When macaroni is cooked, drain well. Add to skillet and stir well. Transfer to baking dish, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 15 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned.