LIVERWURST RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
|1 kilogram Pork liver|
|1 kilogram Pork (from the belly)|
|200 grams Pork rind|
|200 grams Lard|
|dried Marjoram spice|
|Natural sausage casing (the butcher)|
- Blanch the liver in boiling water briefly, remove skin and cut into pieces (inside should still be bloody). Cook the rind in boiling salted water. Cut pork belly into small pieces and grind together with the liver and rind twice through a chilled meat grinder. Peel the onions, halve and finely dice. Heat the lard in a pan and saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the lard with the onions to the meat mixture and season with salt, pepper, garlic and marjoram. Pipe the mixture into the sausage casings and seal. Cook the sausages in hot water for about 30 minutes. The water should not be less than 80°C (approximately 175°F), but do not boil. Remove the sausages, let cool and serve with fresh bread.
LIVERWURST SANDWICH RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1-2 serving(s)
|2 slices liverwurst|
|2 slices onions|
|1 teaspoon butter|
|1 teaspoon mayonnaise|
|1 teaspoon yellow mustard|
|2 slices bread|
|salt & pepper, to taste|
- Butter both sides of bread and toast until brown in toaster or in a 350 degree oven.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice of bread and top with onions and liverwurst. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mustard on other slice of bread and place on top of onions and liverwurst.
- Smash down and enjoy.
Calories 315.9, FatContent 17.4, SaturatedFatContent 6.8, CholesterolContent 68.2, SodiumContent 731.4, CarbohydrateContent 30.2, FiberContent 1.6, SugarContent 3.7, ProteinContent 9.3