BIG BATCH PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: Four 1-pound dough balls
|2 tablespoons sugar|
|Two 1/4-ounce packets active dry yeast (about 4 1/2 teaspoons total)|
|1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing|
|8 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting|
|Toppings, such as pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella and fresh basil|
- Whisk 2 2/3 cups warm water (105 degrees F) and the sugar in a medium bowl or large liquid measuring cup; sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil.
- Whisk the flour and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt in a very large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to make a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a heavily floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes, dusting with more flour if necessary. Form into 1 large dough ball, then cut into 4 even portions. Form each portion of dough into a smooth ball. Brush 4 medium bowls with olive oil, add a ball of dough to each and turn to coat with the oil.
- Cover bowls tightly with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- If you want to freeze the dough for later, wrap the risen pizza dough balls individually in plastic wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then allow to come to room temperature on your countertop before rolling out.
- To assemble and bake: One hour before baking, put a pizza stone or large inverted baking sheet on the lowest oven rack and preheat to 500 degrees F.
- Put 1 ball of dough on a large piece of parchment that’s been lightly dusted with flour, then stretch into a 12- to 14-inch round. Slide the parchment with the dough onto a pizza peel or second inverted baking sheet.
- Top as desired and then slide the pizza (on the parchment) onto the hot stone or baking sheet. Bake until the crust is golden brown and the cheese if using is bubbling, 10 to 14 minutes. Let cool 1 to 2 minutes before slicing.
FAMILY SIZE SUPREME MAC & CHEESE PIZZA – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 32 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 20 servings
|1 pkg. (24 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner|
|2 cans (13.8 oz. each) refrigerated pizza dough|
|1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked, drained|
|1 cup chopped green peppers|
|1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese|
|1/2 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese|
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Prepare Dinner as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough; pat into 1/4-inch-thick rectangles on 2 greased baking sheets. Bake 8 min.
- Spread Dinner onto crusts; top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until edges of crusts are golden brown.
Calories 310, FatContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 25 mg, SodiumContent 800 mg, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 0 g, ProteinContent 14 g