HONEY BARBECUE CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 18 wings, 2-3 serving(s)
|18 chicken wings|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne|
|1 cup barbecue sauce, preferably Hickory Smoke Flavor|
|1/2 cup honey|
|2 tablespoons ketchup|
|2 tablespoons hot sauce|
|4 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
- Wash, dry, and season the wings with the salt, garlic, pepper, cayenne, sugar, and paprika. Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a cookie sheet with a generous spray of cooking spray.
- Place the wings in a single layer on the cookie sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes, depending on the size of the wings, turning once.
- While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat.
- When the wings are done baking, carefully dip them in the sauce, and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- ENJOY!And remember to save some for everyone else!
Calories 1659.4, FatContent 94.1, SaturatedFatContent 34.4, CholesterolContent 400.6, SodiumContent 3291.3, CarbohydrateContent 122.7, FiberContent 1.6, SugarContent 107, ProteinContent 82.2
HONEY BBQ WINGS
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: gluten-free,easy chicken,appetizers
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|2 lb. chicken wings|
|2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp. paprika|
|1 tbsp. garlic powder|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|4 tbsp. butter|
|1 c. barbecue sauce|
|1/4 c. honey|
|2 tsp. hot sauce (add a couple more dashes if you like heat!)|
|Ranch, for dipping|
- Preheat oven to 400° and place a wire rack over a baking sheet. In a large bowl, toss chicken wings with oil, paprika, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden and skin is crispy, 55 to 60 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add barbecue sauce, honey, and hot sauce and bring to a simmer. Let thicken, 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Heat broiler on low. Transfer baked wings to a bowl and toss with sauce until completely coated. Return to rack and broil (watching carefully!) until sauce caramelizes, 3 minutes.
- Serve with ranch.
HONEY-BARBECUE CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen.
|2-1/2 pounds chicken wings|
|1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1/2 cup barbecue sauce|
|1/2 cup honey|
|1 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|2 teaspoons paprika|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|Oil for deep-fat frying|
- Cut wings into 3 sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, barbecue sauce and honey. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup., Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Add wings, a few at a time, and toss to coat., In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wings, a few at a time, until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Transfer wings to a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Calories 129 calories, FatContent 8g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 15mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 419mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 6g protein.