GRILLED VEGETABLES IN FOIL – KRISTINE’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Kristine Rosenblatt
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|3 medium red potatoes (or gold potatoes or baby potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)|
|1 small red onion (chopped into ½-inch pieces)|
|1 bell pepper (cut into ½-inch pieces)|
|8 ounces cremini mushrooms (cut into quarters or sixths (about 2 cups) or button mushrooms)|
|2 cloves garlic (minced)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|¼ teaspoon dried rosemary|
|¼ teaspoon coarse Kosher salt (reduce to ⅛ teaspoon for table salt)|
- Place potatoes, onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Toss with garlic, olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper until everything is well distributed.
- Tear off 4 sheets of heavy duty foil (or 8 sheets of regular foil) that are large enough to hold ¼ of the vegetables with extra room to fold up the sides. If using regular foil, lay two sheets on top of each other to make a double layer.
- Spray the top foil sheet with cooking spray, and scoop ¼ of the vegetables onto it. Fold up the sides of the foil and twist to seal. Repeat with the remaining foil and vegetables, making 4 packets total.
- Heat a gas grill to low heat. Cook vegetables over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Be careful when opening the foil packets, as hot steam may escape.
ServingSize 1 foil packet, Calories 213 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 33 g, ProteinContent 5 g, FatContent 8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 154 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 5 g
GRILLED VEGETABLES IN FOIL RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: Jasmine Smith
Categories: Healthy Bell Pepper Side Dish Recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
|1 pound asparagus, trimmed and diagonally cut into 2-inch pieces|
|1 pound sweet mini peppers, stemmed, seeded and halved lengthwise|
|2 medium zucchini, diagonally cut into 1/2-inch half-moons|
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|¾ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground pepper|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives|
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high (400-450 degrees F). (Or, for a charcoal grill, build a fire with coals in the bottom center of the grill and let it burn down to medium-high heat, about 400-450 degrees F.)
- Toss asparagus, mini peppers, zucchini, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl until evenly coated. Divide the mixture evenly among 6 sheets of foil. Working with 1 foil sheet at a time, bring up 2 sides of the foil to meet in the center. Create a tight 1/2-inch fold to seal. Fold over 1 more time, making sure to leave space in the packet between the vegetables and the foil. Fold the other sides of the foil in, creating a sealed foil rectangle.
- Place the foil packets, sealed-side up, on the grill rack; grill, covered, for 4 minutes. Flip the packets; grill until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes more. Remove from the grill.
- Stir butter, parsley and chives together in a small bowl. Carefully open the foil packets. Place 1 teaspoon butter mixture in each packet; reseal the packets and let stand until the butter melts, about 1 minute.
Calories 126.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10.1 g, CholesterolContent 10.2 mg, FatContent 8.9 g, FiberContent 3.6 g, ProteinContent 3.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.1 g, SodiumContent 310 mg, SugarContent 5.4 g
GRILLED VEGETABLE FOIL PACKS RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
|2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks removed, each cut into 4 pieces|
|4 small (new) red potatoes (about 1/2 lb.), each cut in half|
|2 carrots, cut diagonally into 1 to 1 1/4-inch chunks|
|1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks|
|1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges|
|1/4 cup butter, melted|
|2 tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- Heat grill. In large bowl, combine corn, potatoes, carrots, zucchini and onion. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour butter mixture over vegetables; toss to coat. Cut four 18×12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Divide vegetable mixture evenly onto center of each cut foil piece. Wrap each packet securely using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
- When ready to grill, place packets, seam side up, on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 25 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- To serve, open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.
FatContent 2 , ServingSize 1/4 of Recipe
EASY GRILLED VEGETABLES IN FOIL RECIPE – VEGAN IN THE FREEZER
Provided by: Ginny McMeans
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 34 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
|1 cup red, green, orange and yellow bell peppers (I bought one of those bags of small/mini bell peppers and had many left over for other recipes and fresh eating), sliced thin|
|1 cup baby carrots, cut in thin discs|
|4 medium plum tomatoes, diced small, roma|
|1 cup whole green beans, snapped|
|3 tablespoons dairy-free butter, divided|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 teaspoon sea salt|
- Tear off 4 squares of foil that are 12″ x 12″.
- Divide the vegetables by four and place in the center of each foil square.
- Drizzle a little bit of the melted dairy-free butter over each pile of vegetables.
- Pinch and scatter a little bit of the oregano, salt and pepper all over the veggies.
- Spread the vegetables in a longer flat rectangle on the foil. This is so there is a larger area touching the heat and they cook evenly.
- Pull up the long side of the foil to meet at the top and fold over three to four times to make a good seal.
- Flatten down, lightly. Be careful not to tear the foil.
- Fold over each end three to four times. See the photo above so that you can visually see what I mean.
- Place on the grill over medium indirect heat (or grill pan) and cook about 14 minutes (7 minutes on each side) or until tender.
- You can set them aside, unopened, and they will stay warm a while.
ServingSize 1 Cup, Calories 136 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 10 g, ProteinContent 1 g, FatContent 10 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, SodiumContent 612 mg, FiberContent 3 g, SugarContent 5 g