PASTA WITH GIROLLE MUSHROOMS AND BACON FRENCH RECIPE
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Side dish
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|300 gr pasta|
|600 gr mushrooms (here girolles)|
|150 gr bacon|
|1 clove garlic|
|4 tablespoons crème fraîche|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 knob butter|
|Optional grated parmesan, chopped flat parsley, roasted hazelnuts|
- Cook Pasta
- Cook bacon and mushrooms
CHANTERELLE MUSHROOM OMELET RECIPE
Provided by: Alan Bergo
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 large egg (beaten until smooth with a tablespoon water)|
|1 Tsbp Creme fraiche or sour cream|
|1 tsp chopped fresh fines herbes-|
|1.5 ounces fresh chanterelles (preferably in small buttons (a generous handful if you don’t have a digital scale))|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or other searing oil like vegetable, or canola)|
|1 tbsp unsalted butter|
|Fresh greens and flowers (optional, dressed lightly with lemon, olive oil, and a pinch of salt)|
- If the chanterelles are dirty, brush them, then swish in cold water quickly, and dry on a towel. Very clean chanterelles may simply be brushed without washing.
- Whisk together the eggs, chopped herbs, and sour cream or creme fraiche.
- Heat the oil in a small cast iron skillet or a small teflon pan. (I used a small six inch cast iron with 2 inch sides). When the oil is hot and just begins to smoke, add the drained and completely dry chanterelles to the pan, cooking in the oil until they are lightly caramelized and golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season the chanterelles to taste with salt and pepper, then add the butter and melt.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, let this cook for 30 seconds, stirring occasionally to form soft curds which should only lightly envelop the chanterelles, keeping them visible and not hidden under egg.
- When the egg mixture begins to coagulate, then turn the heat off of the pan and allow the eggs to set with the residual heat of the pan.
- Finish the omelet by seasoning with a touch of fine salt like kosher or flaked salt and serve immediately, topped with the fresh greens if using.