QUESO FRESCO RECIPE (MEXICAN CRUMBLING CHEESE) – MARICRUZ …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: basic recipes
Total time: 100 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 gallon whole milk (about 4 L)|
|⅓ cup greek yogurt (optional, about 80g)|
|⅔ cup white vinegar (160 ml)|
|salt (to taste)|
- Heat milk in a large pot over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until it registers between 178°F to 190°F (80°C to 90°C) on the thermometer. (see notes)
- Turn off the heat and add the yogurt. Stir for 10-15 seconds and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Add half the vinegar and mix again for 10 seconds. Then let it sit for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the other half of the vinegar and mix for one minute.
- Set aside until it reaches room temperature (about 1 hour), so the curd will form.
- Line a large colander with 2 layers of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and place it over a large bowl.
- Transfer curds to the colander, cover, and allow to drain for about 20 minutes.
- When most of the whey has drained off, lift the edges of the cheesecloth up and twist, wrapping the cheese into a ball; then carefully squeeze off excess whey.
- Place the cheese on a container and add salt to taste. Mix well with a wooden spoon (read notes).
- Now shape the cheese using molds (I used cookie molds) or use one or two bowls.
- Place Queso Fresco in the refrigerator and let it sit for a couple of hours or overnight before eating.
Calories 2379 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 184 g, ProteinContent 126 g, FatContent 123 g, SaturatedFatContent 71 g, CholesterolContent 382 mg, SodiumContent 1655 mg, SugarContent 193 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 38 g, ServingSize 1 serving
CHICKEN SAUSAGE PITAS WITH BASIL YOGURT SAUCE | AL FRESCO
Provided by: Leela
|1 package al fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage|
|2 bell peppers, sliced into 1/2 in. strips|
|1/2 medium onion, sliced|
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1/4 tsp pepper|
|1/4 cup Greek yogurt|
|1/4 cup sour cream|
|1/2 cup basil|
|1 tbsp lemon juice|
|1 clove garlic|
|1/2 tsp salt|
- Heat grill to medium.
- Toss peppers and onions with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and add to a grill basket.
- Add sausage and grill basket of vegetables to the grill. Grill for 10 minutes, flipping sausages halfway through.
- Make basil sauce by adding yogurt, sour cream, basil, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/2 tsp of salt to food processor. Process for 1-2 minutes until basil is completely combined.
- Slice sausage and assemble pitas with a handful of spring mix, chicken sausage, peppers, and onions. Drizzle with bail sauce and sprinkle with feta.