SPINACH TORTELLINI EN BRODO (ITALIAN SPINACH TORTELLINI SOUP …
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|2 tsp butter|
|2 stalks of celery (chopped)|
|1 small onion (chopped)|
|1 carrot (peeled & chopped)|
|2 cloves of garlic (minced)|
|8 cups chicken broth ((or sub vegetable broth))|
|3 cups water|
|1 small Parmigiano Reggiano Rind (optional)|
|18 oz spinach cheese tortellini|
|1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper|
|1/2 tsp ground nutmeg|
|2 cups baby spinach|
|salt to taste|
|Parmigiano Reggiano (grated (optional))|
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot & garlic.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, water, parmesan cheese rind and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- When broth boils, add salt (to taste), pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and add tortellini. Simmer until tortellini cooks to al dente according to package directions.
- Once cooked, remove the rind, and add the baby spinach.
- Stir to combine then serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano!
ServingSize 1 -1/2 cups, Calories 228 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 33 g, ProteinContent 11.5 g, FatContent 5.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.5 g, CholesterolContent 32.5 mg, SodiumContent 915.5 mg, FiberContent 2.5 g, SugarContent 3.5 g
TORTELLINI EN BRODO RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Soup Recipes
|2 quarts homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken stock|
|Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper|
|1 pound fresh or frozen tortellini, filled with cheese|
- In a small stockpot, bring stock to a boil over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in tortellini. Cook pasta according to package instructions (it should float to the top when finished). Remove from heat, and serve hot.
CAPELLINI EN BRODO RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Bon Appétit
Yield: 2 Servings
|2 ounces capellini pasta|
|2 cups Parmesan Broth (click for recipe)|
|2 large egg yolks|
|Grated Parmesan, fresh thyme leaves, and freshly ground black pepper (for serving)|
- Cook pasta and Parmesan Broth in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring, until pasta is al dente and broth is reduced and thickened, about 3 minutes (if too thick, thin with more broth). Divide pasta between bowls; twist into tight nests. Add broth and top each with an egg yolk, Parmesan, thyme, and pepper.
TORTELLINI IN BRODO RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise, thinly sliced and rinsed|
|2 carrots, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced|
|2 small celery stalks, thinly sliced|
|4 cloves garlic, smashed|
|4 cups low-sodium chicken broth|
|1 small piece parmesan rind|
|2 wide strips lemon zest (removed with a vegetable peeler)|
|1 12-ounce bone-in smoked pork chop, diced (bone reserved)|
|1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese or meat tortellini|
|1 small head escarole, chopped|
|Freshly ground pepper|
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks, carrots, celery and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leeks wilt, about 5 minutes. Add 2 cups water, the chicken broth, parmesan rind, lemon zest and pork bone. Bring to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the parmesan rind, lemon zest and pork bone from the pot with a slotted spoon. Bring the broth to a boil over medium heat. Add the tortellini, escarole and diced pork; season with pepper. Cook until the tortellini and escarole are tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
Calories 490, FatContent 24 grams, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams, CholesterolContent 54 milligrams, SodiumContent 900 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 47 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 25 grams, SugarContent 4 grams