BAKED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE BY TASTY
|8 oz lobster tail, 2 tails|
|3 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|2 wedges lemon, to serve|
|broccoli, cooked, to serve|
- Using a clean pair of scissors or kitchen shears, cut along the middle of the top of the shell towards the fins of the tail, making sure to cut in a straight line. Do not cut through the end of the tail.
- Using a spoon, separate the meat from the two sides of the shell, then lift the meat up and out from inside the shell.
- Press the two sides of the shell together, then lay the meat over the seam where the two shells meet.
- If you are having difficulty opening the shell up to lift out the meat, flip the tail over and make cuts along the carapace where the legs meet the bottom part tail. This will help break the rigid structure of the shell and allow it to be more flexible.
- While cutting through the shell, you may have also cut into the meat, which is perfectly okay. Make a shallow cut through the middle of the lobster meat so that you can peel down the thin layer of meat over the sides. This gives the lobster tail its signature look.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, lemon juice, and parsley, then brush the mixture evenly over the lobster meat.
- Place the tails onto a baking sheet, then bake for approximately 12-15 minutes, until the lobster is fully cooked but not rubbery.
- Serve with a side of broccoli and a lemon wedge.
Calories 253 calories, CarbohydrateContent 3 grams, FatContent 18 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 19 grams, SugarContent 0 grams
BAKED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: Liv Dansky
Categories: Healthy Lobster Recipes
Total time: 30 minutes
|4 (4-ounce) or 2 (8-ounce)s fresh or frozen, thawed lobster tails|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon zest|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|Lemon wedges for serving|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Using kitchen shears, cut along the length of each lobster tail shell; do not cut through the wide end of the tail. Using a knife, make a shallow cut in the meat, leaving the fan intact. Remove the vein running through the tail. (If needed, rinse the tails under cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.) Using your fingers, loosen the meat from the shells, but do not remove the shells. Place the tails on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine butter, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until well combined. Divide the butter mixture evenly among the lobster tails and, using your fingers, spread the mixture evenly over the lobster meat.
- Bake the tails until the lobster meat is plump, opaque and pulling away from the sides of the shells, about 10 minutes. Transfer the tails to a plate and spoon any melted butter from the baking sheet over them. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Calories 207 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 131 mg, FatContent 18 g, ProteinContent 11 g, SaturatedFatContent 11 g, SodiumContent 432 mg
STEAMED LOBSTER TAILS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Nancy
Categories: Lobster Recipes
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
|1 tablespoon sea salt|
|4 (6 ounce) lobster tails|
|½ cup butter, melted|
- Pour about 1 inch of water into the bottom of a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Add salt and place a steamer insert inside the pot so that it is just above the water level. Place lobster tails on the steamer rack and cover the pot.
- Steam lobster tails for 8 minutes. And don’t peek! Remove from the steamer and serve with melted butter.
Calories 356.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 0.9 g, CholesterolContent 222.5 mg, FatContent 24.5 g, ProteinContent 32.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 14.9 g, SodiumContent 1986.6 mg