CHILE PASILLA TOMATILLO SALSA RECIPE
Provided by: Douglas Cullen
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
|12 small tomatillos|
|8 pasilla chiles|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 tsp salt + more if needed|
- Remove the stems, seeds and vein from the chiles.
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and rinse the tomatillos under running water.
- Place the chiles in a pan with just enough water cover them, bring to a boil and then turn off the heat. Allow them to soak for 15 minutes.
- Place the tomatillos in a pan with just enough water to cover, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Blend the chiles and tomatillos with a little of the tomatillo cooking water, about ½ cup for 45 seconds.
- Put the blended salsa and 1 tsp. of salt into a pan over low heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Adjust the salt to taste.
ServingSize 1 /4 cup, Calories 42 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 7 g, ProteinContent 1 g, SodiumContent 256 mg, SugarContent 2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 1 g
HOW TO MAKE SALSA USING DRIED CHILE PASILLA PEPPERS RECIPE …
Provided by: Ole Rico Recipes
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|4 dried chiles pasilla|
|¼ of an onion|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|½ cup of water|
- Remove the seeds from the chile pasilla, unveil them. NOTE: It’s alright if some seeds are left on the chiles. Seeds can actually make your sauce spicier. Proceed with this step at your convenience.
- Add olive oil, ¼ of chopped onion and two cloves of garlic to a pan in medium heat.
- Once heated, add the 4 chile pasilla and toast for approximately one minute. NOTE: DO NOT BURN
- Break off a strand of the cinnamon and add it to the pan with the other ingredients.
- When ready, place the chiles inside the blender with the added ingredients.
- Add a pinch of salt.NOTE: Measure at your preference.
- Add water and blend until the density of the salsa is soft.
- Place the blended chile mole in a container of your choosing. Voila! *chef’s kisses*