CHICKEN ENCHILADAS SUIZAS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Molly
Categories: Chicken Enchiladas
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, chopped|
|2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers|
|1 cup green salsa|
|1 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|4 teaspoons ground cumin|
|2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|12 (7 inch) flour tortillas|
|10 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|1 cup whipping cream|
|½ cup chicken broth|
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a rapid boil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the boiling water; cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 10×15 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper in the melted butter until just soft, 5 to 8 minutes; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, Cheddar cheese, green chile peppers, salsa, cilantro, cumin, and chipotle peppers to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper; mix.
- Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture along the edge of a tortilla; roll tightly into a tube. Place the enchilada, seam-side down, into the prepared baking dish. Repeat until all the chicken mixture is used. Sprinkle Monterrey Jack cheese over the enchiladas. Whisk together the whipping cream and chicken broth in a small bowl; pour over the enchiladas. Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese is completely melted, about 10 minutes.
Calories 992.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 62.8 g, CholesterolContent 218.2 mg, FatContent 54.7 g, FiberContent 5 g, ProteinContent 60.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 31.1 g, SodiumContent 1466.9 mg, SugarContent 5 g
CHICKEN SUIZA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 serving(s)
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 5 boneless skinless chicken thighs|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 cups sour cream|
|1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted|
|1 cup mild salsa verde (this is a green salsa made from tomatillos)|
|8 ounces mild green chilies (peeled or chopped, these are the ones made from mild Anaheim chilis)|
|12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese|
|8 medium flour tortillas, torn into medium sized pieces|
- Cut the chicken in bite sized pieces.
- Saute the chicken in a skillet until lightly brown with the salt and the pepper.
- In a mixing bowl mix well the soup, sour cream, salsa verde, and chopped chilies.
- Layer the ingredients into a 9 x 13 greased baking pan in the following order: sauce, chicken, torn tortillas, cheese, sauce.
- Repeat the layering a second time.
- It is IMPORTANT to end with sauce so that the cheese doesn’t form a crust while baking.
- Bake at 375°F for 30-45 minutes.
- Until golden brown on the top.
- Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a casserole with crisp tortilla chips and red salsa as a side.
- My family also enjoys eating the casserole as a hot dip.
Calories 733.1, FatContent 43.6, SaturatedFatContent 24.2, CholesterolContent 142.9, SodiumContent 2223.1, CarbohydrateContent 42.8, FiberContent 2.6, SugarContent 3.7, ProteinContent 41.9