CALDO DE POLLO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: jack&lanasmommy
Categories: Chicken Soup
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 50 minutes
|5 pounds chicken leg quarters|
|2 gallons water|
|2 tablespoons minced garlic|
|2 tablespoons salt|
|1 tablespoon garlic powder|
|1 cube chicken bouillon|
|4 large carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks|
|4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks|
|4 zucchini, cut into large chunks|
|1 chayote, cut into large chunks|
|1 large white onion, cut into large chunks|
|½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped|
- Place chicken legs into a large stockpot and pour water over chicken; add garlic, salt, and garlic powder.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until chicken meat falls off bones, 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir in chicken bouillon cube and let dissolve.
- Add carrots, potatoes, zucchini, chayote, and white onion to the pot. Adjust heat to medium-low and cook soup at a low boil until carrots and potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir chopped cilantro into soup. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
Calories 605.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 42.3 g, CholesterolContent 159.7 mg, FatContent 25.1 g, FiberContent 6.7 g, ProteinContent 51.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.9 g, SodiumContent 2079.6 mg, SugarContent 5.8 g